A man stares into the sun as a child, and develops superhuman powers of math, pattern recognition with a side order of paranoia etc.
I don't think this will appeal to most people, since it deal with topics only the fringe of humanity have any comprehension of. I happen to like it quite a bit, for reasons I certainly never hinted at in the previous sentence.
See also The Secret Number (bleem)
- I'll get around to reviewing this.
- Ooh, I like the music.
- Man stares into the sun, develops superhuman powers of math, pattern recognition with a side order of paranoia.
- 4:20 -- Sigh, no no no and no. It would have been better to go for a deterministic world view because of the perceived numeracy-compatibility of the world.
- 4:40 -- Stock market, Stock market cycles
- 6:00 -- She's awesome.
- 8:20 -- I'm not looking all those up for you.
- 9:20 -- All of this is presumed to be side effects of the medication he took.
21:00 -- I'm not looking all those up for you.
- And duh, a chunk of those are complete bullshit.. mysticism or pseudoscience at best.
- 24:00 -- Archimedes' principle -- The story of Archimedes and his discovery of displacement. The eureka moment. See also hydrostatics.
- 29:30 -- Shema Yisrael
- I should probably look up the Jewish ceremony and the wrapping doodads they're wearing. But I won't.
- 31:10 -- Go (game)
- 32:45 -- This is what happens when people don't study philosophy, and don't know how to define questions and avoid fallacies and other pitfalls.
- 32:50 -- Scientific rigour, mathematical rigour. See also philosophy of science. Called it.
- 37:40 -- Are many passed-out bloody-nosed people found on the subway?
- 38:30 -- Coney Island, so this takes place in New York.
- 40:10 -- This guy is a dick to ants.
- 40:30 -- No, don't do it don't do it!
- 40:55 -- Ewww... called it.
- 47:50 -- 5 1/4" floppy disk. See Shugart Associates.
- 51:05 -- (throws up)
- 55:40 -- He only locked the one lock, and not the other sliding thingies. We did see that I think.
- 56:45 -- It ended in 513 I think.
- 1:19:15 -- Trepanning