The Golden Cane, the symbol and ultimate power of the House of the Golden Cane, is to be passed to one of the four students, but there is jealousy among them.
A very well-written and well-told story. It's also refreshing to see something from a non-standard "martial arts movie country". Definitely worth a watch for fans of the genre. It's overall quality makes me recommend it even to those who don't normally like movies like this. This is not a "kung fu flick".
- The martial arts in this movie is almost entirely with a staff.
- The Golden Cane Warrior is entirely voiced in the Indonesian language, and has subtitles throughout.
Known as Pendekar Tongkat Emas in Indonesia.
- 1:45 -- Obvious CGI blood is obvious.
- 11:15 -- Well there is this story of a Sith lord who could.
- 15:10 -- She was my obvious choice. If I were her, I would have bowed out well before then if there were the opportunity.
- 17:35 -- Uh, was that a snake? Why was that moment there?
- So that was the poison then? Or something..
- 22:00 -- Wow they suck at getting away, even with a head start.
- 25:00 -- Why doesn't he speak?
- So the dude is the love interest.
- 30:15 -- So where are they, the next village over?
- 34:30 -- Yep, love interest.
- 44:00 -- I'm confused about her.. injury? Bad rest? Capture?
53:45 -- I assume they sent their horse running to be a distraction..
- But the others don't seem distracted.
- 54:20 -- Why was she about to make noise? Because of the birds?
- 54:30 -- Oh, he can speak.
- 55:55 -- I guess the horse was hanging around, and the two didn't go after it.
- Why go after the villagers? They didn't know they were hiding fugitives. The word hadn't reached them.
- 59:35 -- The revenge-swearing look.
- 1:00:00 -- Yep, the horse was just chilling out.
- 1:01:00 -- Is it really that easy to pick up and move, and to make a new village? They must be semi-nomadic to do that.
- 1:02:30 -- Honestly, I thought the new guru would have been onto them from the first cup of tea they served him, faking his drinking it. But now he's a complete dumbass since he doesn't realise he's been poisoned in the same way by the same people.
- Also, there's no way in hell new people would become head students, and no way they would be considered for leadership. That sort of thing sews the seeds of jealousy with the entire group.
- 1:03:40 -- Yeah, talk openly about it as you walk away.
- 1:06:00 -- Uh, she's so bad that she can't make noise or fight? Let's assume he made some noise to get her to calm down.
- 1:07:30 -- A backstory. One. hour. in.
- 1:13:00 -- I wondered about this pair thing. It's now a rather annoying plot tool.
- 1:17:00 -- Great training montage.
- 1:21:00 -- Around three months has passed.
- 1:36:00 -- The good guy is cheating!
- All through this awesome fight there are no lookers-on.
- 1:42:10 -- You killed my mother, will you be my new mother?
- 1:43:10 -- But what his uncle was saying was that life is complex, and the world is not silent, therefore sometimes an oath needs to be broken for the best.
1:44:10 -- ".. a long and deep tunnel." Hehe.