I found a reproducible bug on wordpress.com around 2010-04-11 or so, where images are not deleted when the user supposedly deletes them.
Steps to reproduce:
- Upload an image
- Post it in a new blog entry
- Publish the entry
- View the entry
- Click the image to view it full sized
- Visit your media library (
- Click "delete this fucking thing permanently"
- Edit your entry.
- Notice that the old image is still visible. I'm expecting to see a placeholder instead.
- Delete the image
- Upload a new image, with the same filename
- Insert that image into your entry
- Update your entry
Now you have two URLs:
The original is still visible. I'm expecting it to be removed. I'm also expecting the new filename to keep its proper filename without a 1 being appended.