Two agents become an unlikely pair to thwart the creation and deployment of a nuclear warhead.
I overall liked this. It has a classy feel something like the old James Bond films but with its own flavour. Younger fans of that genre will likely also like this movie.
- Based on the television show The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
United Network Command Law Enforcement
- The historical environment has somewhat the feel of Bridge of Spies (2015) to me, but with action. I already like it.
- This dude is very James Bond. Pretty, calm, skilled.
- 9:30 -- Napoleon Solo.
- 12:00 -- The right thing to do? Fucking kill the man.
- .. have I seen this before? It all seems so familiar.
- 17:00 -- I recognize Jared Harris from Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.
- 18:20 -- I definitely know this movie. How strange to be liking this movie so far, but not remembering it.
- How handy our hero didn't kill the super soldier.
- 32:00 -- There would be less problem if both of them were killed. They couldn't report back about the fight.
- 34:30 -- Cry to Me, by Bert Berns.
- 36:30 -- Where is this coming from?! Big strong man so I must sleep with him? Or because she's drunk? Fuck right off.
- 37:50 -- But she doesn't know my five minutes. I'd give her ten. Repeatedl-- wait, that wasn't meant to be a penis length reference.
- 38:30 -- A little device that beeps wouldn't be good for a listening device. Or are those tracking devices? I don't know.
- 44:00 -- Interesting how they don't show the cloth being pulled.
- Who wouldn't see their bracelet being lifted when their hand is being kissed.
- 47:00 -- What little weasel in their right mind would mistreat a monster like that.
- 49:15 -- I thought they were supposed to not make contact.
- 50:20 -- Gamma ray
- 51:50 -- I'm pretty sure a cut fence would tell people they were there.
- 52:00 -- Boron, Carbon dioxide laser
- 55:30 -- Safe
- Swiss-made Vortbinder(?) Lansman(?) 7010 model.
- How handy he should have safe-cracking tools.
- 56:00 -- Yes, safes do have flaws.
- 57:30 -- Who in their right mind wouldn't shoot those two guards before they fired?
- 57:50 -- That's not cover.
- 59:50 -- My Italian isn't good enough to look that song up.
- 1:11:00 -- Boy is that phone unwieldy.
- 1:17:00 -- I don't recognize any of this. I don't see why I wouldn't remember it. Whatever I saw before must have been cut short. Maybe it was a preview of some sort?
- 1:22:30 -- There's no way his screaming couldn't be heard, but this scene is still pretty funny. In a "torture can be funny" sort of way. This is still pretty uncomfortable in a "rape can be funny" sort of way.
- ~1:26:00 -- I do recognize the dude in the helicopter with them. From somewhere, but I can't quite place him.
- 1:30:00 -- Montage. It's a montage it's a mawntage...
- 1:33:00 -- That is a serious car.
- It ends with a proper breakdown of the agents.
The final song is a cover (I think) of Take Care of Business, by Nina Simone.