|Okami - (2006 game)|
- Oldschool games
- Game consoles > /tag/console-games
- Flash > /tag/games+flash
- Java > /tag/games+java
- Linux > Linux games > /tag/games+linux
- 1 Stores
- 2 Stuff
- 3 Upcoming games
- 4 Games to play again
- 5 Other games
- 6 Games to check out
- 7 Websites
- 8 On gameplay versus story
- 9 Flash games
- 10 Games
- 11 Traditional tabletop/board games
- They sell physical things.
Upcoming games ∞
Games to play again ∞
Other games ∞
Games to check out ∞
Night Dive Studios re-releases updated classic games.
- Mischief Makers - Nintendo 64
- Also has a metasearch for gaming news / cheats / previews / reviews / demos / screenshots database and plethora of other gaming websites.
- VOGONS - Very Old Games On New Systems
News and Reviews ∞
On gameplay versus story ∞
As someone who wants the mindless destruction, I'm tired of subsidizing cutscenes and story wankery.
Developers are trying to market to too broad an audience. This is one of the reasons games aren't properly finished by release. They have to get all that feelings stuff done and rendered out for the initial release, and thereafter they work on bugs, mechanics and gameplay balance in patches.
Flash games ∞
See also Tower Defense Games
[http://www.kongregate.com/games/Baturinsky/void] Baturinsky's Void
Realm of the Mad God
- Kinda fun sometimes, but pretty simple and eventually boring.
- Great, but hurts like hell to play.
- A sortof chesslike game. I think.
- A cute non-shoot em up. Sortof.
Bubble Tanks Tower Defense
- Straightforward, but a bit short imo.
Resources and notes ∞
- Communities and jerks with exclusive content
- http://www.kongregate.com/ -- A pseudo-community with a HUGE amount of games.
- was http://old.casualcollective.com/
- A free social gaming network where you can play multiplayer games and interact with your friends online! Popular games on Voobly include: Age of Empires II: The Conquerors, Age of Mythology, The Rise of Rome, and many others.
- All Game Guide
- Widescreen gaming forum
MPOGD -- Multiplayer Online Games Directory
https://www.ign.com/?f=14 [ 1 ] was http://www.flashplayer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14 -- Flash games (and more in the forums)
- [http://www.defacto2.net/portal.cfm?category=Gaming&sort=name gaming links]
- [http://www.gameogre.com/freemmorpgs.htm free MMORPGs]
- [http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/mylinks/viewcat.php?op=&cid=2 linux mmorpgs]
- gameinabottle.com -- Awesome AWESOME developers.
Linux games ∞
- [ 2 ] the games list was www.linuxcentral.com/catalog/index.php3?cat%5B%5D=app&subcat=4&id=rJC3xJt4EpSOE (not archived)
- was http://www.tuxgames.com/
- http://cedegawiki.sweetleafstudios.com/wiki/Category:Working -- Games which work with Cedega and/or WineX
- https://web.archive.org/web/20160917175723/http://www.mobiletechreview.com:80/games/index_linux.htm -- Sharp Zaurus SL-series games
- RPG. Seriously oldschool. Pretty neat. Boy was it annoying to figure out what to run after installing it. Sigh.
- Cute oldschool turn-based strategy game. Tedious repetitive music. Too simple.
- Requires paraGUI
- Requires some wacked-out client-side software to use it (online).
- Stratagus (was freecraft) - StarCraft / Warcraft-style
uqm (UrQuan Masters)
- Star Control II - (1992 game) open sourced!
- Next to impossible to figure out how to install. See
./build.sh uqmand then
./build.sh uqm install.. and it is installed in
/usr/local/games/bin/uqm.. also a secret location. Man.
Error: Could not copy default key config to user config dir: No such file or directory.
-- No solution is known. The content directory has the right stuff. Hrmph.
- Nethack via Telnet
GemRB (Game engine made with preRendered Background)
- A portable open-source implementation of Bioware's Infinity Engine which was written to support pseudo-3D role playing games based on the Dungeons & Dragons ruleset.
- The aim is to support all games supported by the Bioware engine, which includes the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series plus Planescape Torment. Many addons should work too.
Cross-platform notes ∞
- OpenTTD -- Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe (requires Transport Tycoon Deluxe)
- Freeciv -- Civilization
- Commercial, but they work on Linux.
- Their store is gone, and their reseller links are wonky. Looks like they've dried up.
- Sim City 3000
- http://cubeengine.com/ -- Open source[doesn't exist] FPS games
Traditional tabletop/board games ∞
|^ 1||was http://www.flashplayer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14|
|^ 2||the games list was www.linuxcentral.com/catalog/index.php3?cat%5B%5D=app&subcat=4&id=rJC3xJt4EpSOE (not archived)|