Stuck at a dead-end job, a guy ignores his girlfriend's nagging until she uses an old high school enemy to push his buttons.
I'm really really happy this series didn't get approval. This pilot is a steaming pile of shit. It has nothing to do with Clerks (1994) and so it cannot build on its mystique, and it isn't even particularly original or interesting on its own.
- This is the single pilot episode. The full series was never produced.
- Kevin Smith, the author of Clerks (1994) was unaware of this proposed TV show until its casting was under way, during his production of Mallrats
Properly titled Clerks. (with a trailing period) or more sensibly Clerks: The TV Show
Brian O'Halloran (Dante) and Jeff Anderson (Randal) in the original Clerks (1994) both auditioned for the roll of Dante, but neither got the part.
- 0:25 -- Wut. That one IMDB commenter wasn't kidding when they talked about the canned laughter.
- 0:30 -- This immediately comes off as another Saved by the Bell
- 0:45 -- Sun tanning, Skin cancer
- 1:20 -- I recognize the guy in the hat, Rick Gomez from all over the place.
- 1:30 -- This show is brought to you by Marlboro and Budweiser
- 2:15 -- Would this show have been full of "I'll get around to my plans" comments?
- 3:40 -- VHS
- 4:05 -- A parent? What the hell.
- 5:50 -- Little Women (1994 film)
- 8:15 -- Graffiti
- 8:15 -- A senior is a final high school student.
- 11:30 -- Suicide by hanging
- 16:45 -- There's no way in hell they'd drag a friend away, who's about to score with his crush.
Wow, that was an episode.. just a forgettable piece of shit episode.