A young, broken, man, enters an underground community of computer crackers, trying desperately to prove himself but with consequences.
An extremely good movie. While not quite mandatory, it's definitely a proper advancement of the "hacker kid" movies that have sullied past movies. Highly recommended, even for people that "know their stuff", as it doesn't lay on the techno-babble which describes everything painfully wrong. Instead, it takes a reasonable middle ground, staying away from pop culture and fairly-firmly on the social side of storytelling.
- In English, the title is Who Am I: No System Is Safe
- This movie is in the German language.
See also Fight Club - (1999 movie)
- And cross it with your choice of cheezy 1990s hackers film, like Hackers - (1995 movie).
- 1:30 -- Hmm, this looks (and sounds) a little corny.
- 2:15 -- I suppose his handle is
- 2:30 -- Shark-jumping. I hate that sort of quick stuff.
- 4:00 -- I don't understand why they'd subtitle
fr13nds. Sure, that would be the written form if a group were named that, but subtitling it is just weird. In pure German, this movie would have been viewed differently from what I'm seeing now.
- 4:45 -- Programming
5:30 -- MRX
With computers, it's not parallel to these, and the analogy doesn't work properly. These are people who really are competent. So much so, that they don't respect the difficulty of what they're capable of. They can often, and justifiably-so, think themselves better than others.
This doesn't necessarily come with ego. Sometimes the air that exists about them is created not by themselves but by their deeds and others that know of those deeds. Everyone who does, and wants to be better at, something, will at least partially idolize others who are blazing the trail they are walking.
It is likely that this is a strongly male attitude, as it deals with the male competence hierarchy.
6:00 -- "The hacker's watchman." is a confusing phrase.
- It could be a reference to the pre-police watchman, but I don't see how either self-medication or breaking the law for drug-use indicates that.
6:00 -- MRX's three rules:
- 6:30 -- Oh, it's all because of a woman. That's never the plotline for any man's ruin. Never.
Hope is the rainbow over the waterfall of our life.
The world doesn't need a savior
but everyday I hear people crying for one.
- 8:30 -- Not many leave identifying physical fingerprints. I hear breaking and entering is illegal.
- 8:45 -- Superman, Spiderman, Batman
- 9:30 -- Ritalin (Methylphenidate)
- 10:30 -- "Computer crime" mis-subtitled "computer stuff".
- 10:45 -- Script kiddie
- 12:00 -- Oh god, knowing some of the language that's subtitled throws me off.
- 17:45 -- Alzheimer's disease
- 19:45 -- Social engineering (security)
- 24:30 -- Federal Intelligence Service (Germany)
- 29:00 -- He spoke too quick, but I could have sworn he name-dropped Chaos Computer Club and it was just subtitled differently.
29:30 -- Anonymous (group), Lizardsec.
- He said LulzSec.
This little clown is jolly and fat.
This little clown wears a big red hat.
This little clown is strong and tall.
This little clown is wee and small.
But this one does the funniest tricks of them all.
- 30:00 -- CLAY (Clowns Laughing At You)
When life gives you lemons
ask for salt and tequila.
35:30 -- Fr13nds, tied to the Russian cyber mafia.
- SecDet, Towboat, Krypton, ?
- 36:00 -- Darknet
These guys are like Windows: it takes a while till they boot up.
40:00 -- Rave is King, by Fukkk Offf
- 2009-06-08, Love Me Hate Me Kiss Me Kill Me
- 42:30 -- He looks rich, I should fall in love with him.
48:45 -- Even across the street there would be cameras on them.
- Fingerprints on the door handle.
- 49:00 -- Where is the person at the front security desk? The monitors are all on.
55:15 -- Haha, that's a terrible version of Nyan Cat
1:02:00 -- ".. he uses 100 different servers in Europe."
- I WENT THROUGH 7 PROXIES GOOD LUCK
- 1:04:00 -- International terrorism, murder, national security.. everything can be locked down and fingerprinted.
- 1:04:30 -- She pulled a gun.. on an indeterminately-armed person, with civilians around?
- 1:05:15 -- Curious that he'd know the terrain so well, perhaps it should be assumed that he's a student there.
- 1:06:15 -- Europol
- 1:07:00 -- The "pregnant horse", a Trojan Horse inside of a Trojan Horse.
- 1:09:00 -- I'm pretty sure he's got the house in his name..
- 1:09:00 -- Fort Knox, Dumpster diving, Phishing
- 1:09:45 -- Don't they have doctors in Germany?
1:10:45 -- Oh come the fuck on, he wants to social engineer when he's all beat up and ratty..
- Oh, good call.
- 1:12:15 -- Yeah, two minutes while you watch him. And why escort him and leave the gate unguarded? Aren't there more people inside?
- 1:02:00 -- "There are holes in his story as big as the Death Star!
1:23:00 -- The nail hole is in him.
- I still wonder if all of this is for him to insinuate himself into the German intelligence community.
- I wonder if he is MRX.
- 1:24:15 -- That's a Fight Club - (1999 movie) poster on his wall. Not appropriate viewing for the young. Or anyone, really, but especially not the young.
- 1:26:00 -- Multiple personality disorder (Dissociative identity disorder)
- 1:29:00 -- It's probably .. a good idea to have a psychiatrist-trained person in on the interrogation.
- 1:30:00 -- It makes no sense that they wouldn't protect him.
- 1:33:15 -- Tell him to not do drugs, especially Ritalin.
1:34:30 -- The 4-1 sugar cube thing is his way of saying he knew all along about the ploy. He engineered the whole thing to have her believe he was mad.
aaaand.. called it.
Very good movie.