This has no relation to The Mummy - (2017 movie).
Seeking ancient Egyptian treasure, amateur archaeologists unleash a curse that threatens the world.
Quite good. Light-hearted fun, with comedy that's not intrusive, plot that makes sense, good acting, and special effects that do their job without being uncanny.
Continues with The Mummy Returns - (2001 movie)
- 1:00 -- Thebes, Egypt, Seti I, Imhotep
- 1:30 -- Anck-Su-Namun is fictional.
- 2:00 -- I don't know if the gold body paint thing is fictional or not.
- 3:00 -- Those various men are eunichs.
4:00 -- Hamunaptra (City of the Dead)
- This place is fictional.
4:15 -- Book of the Dead (~3150 BCE), written and re-written by many authors.
- aka Book of Coming Forth by Day
- aka Book of emerging forth into the Light
- 4:30 -- The ancient Egyptian underworld is Duat
- 5:30 -- Mummification (Mummy)
6:30 -- Magi
- Well shit, who would be stupid enough to create a monster like that? Even out of revenge, that would be a horrible thing to do to the world.
- Where was the battle? I didn't notice.
- 12:45 -- Sacred stones, sculpture and aesthetics, Socrates, Seth, Thutmose I
- 13:15 -- Those eyebrows.
- 14:00 -- I recognize that actor from Stargate - (1994 movie).
14:15 -- Plagues of frogs, flies and locusts, a reference to Plagues of Egypt of Christian mythology.
- 14:30 -- Egyptian language, Egyptian hieroglyphs, Hieratic, Library catalog
14:45 -- "Allah rest their souls" followed shortly with "Straighten out this missheva(?)".
- Yiddish has mishegas / meshugas / mishegoss, which are "insanity" or "craziness". I do believe meshiver also has this meaning.
- If whatever word he uses is one of the above, then this character cannot be Muslim. Since Islam calls for the genocide of Jews, a Muslim wouldn't use a Yiddish word. Just a random aside.
- 15:15 -- I want her to be hot.. but those eyebrows.
- 16:30 -- Casual misandry.
- 19:45 -- Tiffin, which means something like "lunch".
- 23:30 -- In the foreground, the dude with the fez was slapping a couple of kids with his book.
- 24:15 -- Libya
- 26:45 -- Bedouin, Tuareg people
- 27:00 -- The Book of Amun-Ra is fictional.
- 28:15 -- Half is good enough to leave them in the desert to die.
- 28:45 -- There are some other people on deck who would have heard, perhaps even seen, Benny go overboard.
- 31:00 -- The two-gun thing was quite new right around the late-1990s, at least in America.
- 32:30 -- That's apparently an eleven-shooter.
- 34:15 -- Them eyes.
- 39:30 -- They sure have a lot of people.
- 40:45 -- All the ladies like it when I give them my tool. I mean, my tools.
- 44:00 -- Digging from below seems incredibly dangerous.
- 48:30 -- Salt acid (Hydrochloric acid)
- 48:45 -- "I believe if I can see it and I can touch it, then it's real." meaning she's an atheist.
- 49:45 -- That's a seven-shooter.
- 52:00 -- Her breasts look fantastic in that blouse.
- 53:00 -- Librarian
- 55:00 -- Considering it took him the entire top row to say a short bit, there isn't enough writing on that box for everything else he said.
- 56:00 -- Why would they tilt it up before opening it?
- 58:00 -- He's not joking, the locals used mummies for firewood because they burned well and there were so few trees.
- 59:00 -- The ten Plagues of Egypt.
- 59:30 -- It seems that a day has passed. Shouldn't they be fleeing for their lives?
- 1:03:00 -- Wouldn't his voice carry?
- 1:04:45 -- Oh! He thinks she's Anck-Su-Namun because he stole a pair of really shitty eyes.
- Crucifix, Christianity, English language
- Is that a Faravahar? (Zoroastrianism)
- I don't recognize that symbol. It's either Indian of some sort or more likely some sort of Buddhism in China, based on the language he's butchering. Maybe that's Mandarin Chinese (Chinese).
- Star of David, Judaism, Hebrew language
1:08:00 -- Jews were never slaves in Egypt. Religion lies. A lot. Is that even remotely surprising?
- Where did he pull the gold from?
- If he had bad vision from bad eyes, how could he see the religious symbols being held up to him?
1:08:45 -- Fort Brydon, Cairo
- This appears to be fictional.
1:16:30 -- (hefts her up, tosses her on the bed, walks back, closes the door)
- .. Stays inside.
- 1:21:30 -- He wasn't taught not to rape.
- 1:24:30 -- Bembridge scholars (Bembridge School)
- 1:25:30 -- I hope they brought the cat with them in the car.
- 1:26:45 -- A pair of seven-shooters.
- 1:29:45 -- I believe that sword is a Falcata.
- Perhaps fech fech though.
- 1:46:00 -- They are wielding Shotel.
1:47:45 -- That was an awfully long wait before the dude attempted the downward slash from behind him.
- On that theme, I guess he's an expert swordsman because reasons.
- Has pre-play nonsense. =(
Both trailers are mixed together and can't be played individually.