Other package managers that supplement or replace Slackware native package management.
slpkg - SlackBuilds.org
- For programs they explicitly support, this builds Slackware-compatible packages from a program's source.
alien can convert several package formats to something Slackware-compatible.
- So you can use Slackware native package management to install a package.
- Take an existing distribution's RPM and convert it's package format.
spkg - The Unofficial Slackware Linux Package Manager
- src2pkg - build packages from source, and to convert other package formats (.deb, .rpm) to Slackware packages
- Slackware users can supposedly use Slackel packages. Untested.
- I heard there is a
deb2tgz, but I didn't find them and didn't look very hard.
- pkgsrc on slack is an abandoned project from 2009.