The Trade Federation blockades a peaceful planet, and decisive action is required to bring political and military strength to bear.
An astonishing improvement on the original. Even though it's lower visual quality than it's original can be, it's worth a watch. Very highly recommended especially to fans of the original trilogy who were disappointed by this new trilogy.
- Properly titled Star Wars Episode I.II: The Phantom Edit
- This is an edit of Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace
- Continues from Star Wars II.I - Attack of the Phantom
There was a Star Wars Episode I.I - The Phantom Edit (notice the I.I) which was a VHS-only release with a longer running length.
- The DVD release cut two additional scenes.
- I do not know if the VHS and DVD releases have different release dates, or know for sure if the one I reviewed was actually released in 2000.
TODO - this has a commentary track!
- 4:15 -- Their hats look .. hilarious.
5:15 -- Get confirmation from the droid inside. Don't believe the droid. Wait a half an hour. Confirm they're dead. Roll credits.
- Perfectly legal.
- 6:45 -- What force power lets him make his light sabre get.. hotter?
- 23:15 -- Attract attention? With a ship like that? Yeah, better hope you're landing really far out of town.
- 25:30 -- "Let me take that back" doesn't make sense to me..
- 26:45 -- That's a good idea. Trade in the hot-but-broken ship for a busted-but-working one, and you get to hide better.
- 27:15 -- Jedi Mind tricks won't work on space Jews.
- 28:30 -- You have a druid.
- 37:00 -- Is that the broken ship you were trying to buy parts for?
- 39:30 -- Rape? It was rape, right?
- 42:30 -- It's over 9000!
- 45:30 -- So what's-his-face understands blue guy?
- 53:30 -- There are other universes?
- 1:00:45 -- No, the choice is not his alone. He's not a consenting adult. Be a proper parent, the choice is his parent's.
- 1:14:00 -- So dude has gone against the council befoore?
- 1:20:00 -- I hope their ship got repaired.
- 1:21:45 -- So when exiting there was a blockade, but entering is easy now..
- 1:33:15 -- Why would an auto-pilot take them there?
- 1:35:45 -- So what exactly is the point of those energy walls?
- 1:38:30 -- I would have been digging holes to ruin the laser wall projectors.
1:39:30 -- What happened to the shield-projecting Sonic the Hedgehog bots?