A rather nice recipe for a flavourful dip.
- 2 cups black beans, cooked or canned
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin, powdered
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. red pepper, powdered (optional)
For the vegies, try some of:
- Broccoli florets
- Cauliflower florets
- Red bell peppers
- Scallions (Green Onions)
- A knife, to cut your veggies. This might be optional, depending on what veggies you use.
- A can opener, to open your canned food
- A 1-cup measuring cup
A teaspoon or a good eye for guessing.
Place all the ingredients in a blender
- Make absolutely sure you add the beans first! If you put the spices in first, you will create a paste so thick that it will jam your blender! (I've definitely never done this)
Run at "high" until smooth.
- It may be necessary to stop the blender from time to time, and mix the ingredients with a spoon or spatula to ensure that all the ingredients are thoroughly and uniformly mixed.
- When finished, scoop out the bean dip into a bowl and place it in the center of a large platter.
Cut the veggies into 2" lengths and split as necessary to keep them bite sized.
Good as a snack for four people.
A very very simple recipe that's great for beginners.
This recipe is so fast to make that it takes far longer to clean up after than to make it in the first place.
This dip gives a very tasty excuse to eat more raw vegetables.