TODO - absorb World of Warcraft addon notes
- Lua is the programming language they are written in.
- My World of Warcraft UI
- World of Warcraft technical notes
- World of Warcraft addon notes
- Embedding AddOn libraries is stupid
- 1 Resources
- 2 Intention
- 3 Addons to try
- 4 UI addons
- 5 Character information addons
- 6 Social addons
- 7 Travel addons
- 8 Combat addons
- 9 Questing and grinding
- 10 Tradeskill
- 11 Inventory, Items
- 12 Merchant
- 13 Meta
- 14 Misc
- 15 Class-specific
- 16 Tried, and okay, but not going to use
- https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/guides/ui-macro [ 1 ] archive of old forum
- Addon Creator
- A search engine for the insides of Addons!
Places with addons ∞
- Lists recent updates from the major places, in a nice simple format.
My intention is to list all the addons I use, but from the perspective of problems being solved. So there will be questions, each with the solution I currently use and any other solutions and comments I may have.
This will only be a master list with brief summaries. When I complete a review for any particular item, that review will become a new page and the entry in this list will link to it.
I link to curseforge/wowace directly, and not curse.com. This is so that any projects which go "inactive" will still have a valid link. I also use the curseforge/wowace subscription feature to email me updates.
I prefer curseforge/wowace over wowinterface when a project exists on both places. This is generally because actual development files (e.g. an svn/git repository) are on curseforge and I can do a nice daily file change email notification on curse. It's certainly nothing to do with getting a free premium account. Seriously, I don't know what premium actually does anyways.
AddOns will be listed with the name as it is on its project page. For every addon I will also list the actual folder names underneath, if they're different. Then I'll list all the embedded libraries. Lastly any non-embedded dependencies, patch information or other notes. If for some reason there are embedded libraries or dependencies which themselves have dependencies, I'll list those too.. (eww)
- I may have missed some loose libraries in the root of the addon folder.
- I may have done too-aggressive search/replace on some library names, removing dots. Whoops.
Lib Data Broker addons will generally have these dependencies: CallbackHandler-1.0.lua, LibDataBroker-1.1.lua, LibStub.lua
- I trust tekkub enough to not worry about having many addons all with these libraries embedded. Everyone else, however, not so much. I hope everyone was using the proper version/revision of the libraries.
Ace has a crapload of libraries. That's the whole point. You'd think that all the addons using the same name of library wouldn't be an issue, but apparently there are subtle differences in many addon's embed of ace or other libraries. I don't know what impact that has. I ranted on why embedding addon libraries is stupid. TODO - import that topic
Addons to try ∞
https://github.com/TekNoLogic/Engravings - add notes to items
- wow.curseforge.com/addons/87786/ (disabled) [ 2 ] was wow.curseforge.com/addons/87786/ (disabled) IllusionPreview
- wow.curseforge.com/addons/61251/ (disabled) [ 3 ] was wow.curseforge.com/addons/61251/ (disabled) Extended Transmog UI
- wow.curseforge.com/addons/90666/ (disabled) Tier Token Tooltip
- wow.curseforge.com/addons/89923/ (disabled) [ 4 ] was wow.curseforge.com/addons/89923/ [ 5 ] disabled, was wow.curseforge.com/addons/89923/ Avatar -- would be great for streaming!
wow.curseforge.com/addons/100617/ (disabled) [ 6 ] was wow.curseforge.com/addons/100617/ [ 7 ] disabled, was wow.curseforge.com/addons/100617/ Can I Mog It?
UI addons ∞
Character information addons ∞
Social addons ∞
Travel addons ∞
Combat addons ∞
Questing and grinding ∞
Inventory, Items ∞
Tried, and okay, but not going to use ∞
- 2017-08-02 - not bad
[ + ]
|1.||^||archive of old forum|
|5.||^||disabled, was wow.curseforge.com/addons/89923/|
|7.||^||disabled, was wow.curseforge.com/addons/100617/|