Shoot stuff and things.
I played the open beta. I found it fun, but not worth money.
I had been playing for a few days before bothering to take notes, so a lot of my first impression stuff is lost.
A lot of the scene-switching is way too fast.
- Such as voting for a person. What does this do, anyway?
- It's additionally annoying to have something switched out to a black load screen.
- Bastion's turret form is disgustingly overpowered. Hell, he's generally overpowered since he can also heal (out of combat)
- Torbjorn's shotgun is also overpowered.
- Junkrat is crazy.
Versus AI's difficult settings have brutal aimbot improvements and no human quality to them.
- Sometimes it's just impossible to win a map.
- The Korean ice character breaks the fourth wall. =)
- Maps are fairly interesting, though everything is a gauntlet.
The statistics got stuck after my first few games.
- Which is odd since it keeps track of my best for each statistic. I guess just that stats screen is bugged.
- The replays don't last between game restarts.
- I like that consecutive maps are attack and then defend (or the reverse) on the same map.
- The superpower-usage audio is repetitive.
- The computers saying "gg" is terribly disingenuous.
Playing pure single-character teams is fun
- A team of all Junkrats is all manner of hilarious.
- A team of Lucios is interesting.
- A team of the Zenyattas guys is abusive.
- With all the unlockables and shit, I'd think this game would be free-to-play.
- I think AIs are placed with players. It appears that teams are made up of as little as three players sometimes.
- The thing where you can free play while waiting is a fucking pain in the ass waste of time with no reward. It might be interesting if I weren't yanked out of it without warning.
- There are cliffs. Fuck cliffs.
- Overtime doesn't last long enough to be meaningful.
- Is Lucio supposed to be Canadian? He mentions hockey at one point.
- As Roadhog, I gripped someone, and then Reinhardt did his charge and my chain got pulled with him. After the enemy got smashed into a wall my grip pulled him.
- Messages have a cooldown, which is nice.
Some characters simply can't get a play of the day without everyone else sucking. They can't pull off a massive single moment, instead shining in many little bits. Support have serious issues getting recognition.