Soldiers flee an unwinnable battle, but find themselves trapped in a bunker surrounded by an enemy desperate to get in.
Recommended for fans of the original who can tolerate less character development, story and budget. It's definitely not bad.
- Properly titled Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation
- Followed by TODO
The sequel to Starship Troopers (1997)
0:30 -- Reading.
In the dark
aftermath of the
arachnid attack on
crushed the enemy
at Tango Urilla and
captured a brain
bug on Planet P.
Nor, armed with
victory, the heroic
women of the
push deep into
and take the fight
to the bug.
- 1:00 -- Federal PSA / news
1:00 -- "Come on, you apes! You wanna live forever?"
- 1:30 -- They can't wipe out a race that sends asteroids to seed other planets. They'd have to either intercept all of those asteroids, which is impossible, or get to every planet in the .. well, everywhere. Which is also impossible.
- 3:15 -- Why is her helmet on wrong? Was I already zoning out?
- 3:30 -- Their commander has a hate, and not a helmet?
- 4:15 -- Oh, he's a psychic, not a proper soldier.
- 6:45 -- I'm sensing an Aliens (1986) theme, with a disconnected communications tower they have to go out and fix.
- 8:30 -- Well, this place cracked under a siege, let's hold out here.
- 9:00 -- I don't think anyone's taking a squad anywhere, seeing as they're less than a squad themselves.
- 10:00 -- Why would the radio room have such a radioactive feeling-symbol to it?
- 11:00 -- I didn't look up the song.
- 13:00 -- Wow that light is way too bright.
- I recognize that actor. He does various other direct-to-video movies, one of which I've seen recently but can't place.
- 18:00 -- Why are they still there? I would have bottled up, maybe trying to run them through a gauntlet of any sort and using heavy weapons like a nuke, rockets or at least grenades. Maybe a flame thrower? Does the installation have any hardpoints?
- 18:00 -- How are they still alive?
- 19:45 -- Okay, that whistle has to go.
- 21:45 -- So that's why there are those oddly-spaced concrete walls.
- 22:45 -- "You never kill them all, son."
- 24:15 -- Illumination rounds.
25:00 -- Bug zapper. Hehe.
- Oh, an electric fence.
- 26:00 -- Oh, her lips are totally overdone.
- 27:15 -- "This.. star don't mean a hill of beans when you're caught between shit and sweat."
- 28:00 -- That's proper PTSD.
- 28:15 -- Or he's an alien spy.
- 30:00 -- So what exactly what the hell is going on with her?
- 33:00 -- That guy's snivelling asshole moustache fits his character.
- 34:00 -- See how those soldiers maintain discipline? Mixed-sex units work!
- 36:45 -- "Well, when they figured our fence is down, they're gonna show up like relatives to a rich man's funeral."
- 37:30 -- Someone should bring him food and water.
- 40:00 -- Why does he have three sets of dog tags?
- 41:00 -- Titties, titties, ra, ra, ra.
- 41:30 -- See, that unit totally works!
42:00 -- She's been reminding me of the bad guy in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003 movie)
- Yeah, and that's why.
- 44:00 -- Muzzle burn (Powder burn), which to me looks like necrosis.
- 45:15 -- But.. but.. mixed-sex units work! Right?
- 47:00 -- Wearing other peoples' tags means their bodies can't be identified, and also means one's own body couldn't be properly identified.
- 48:15 -- That horn in the background is playing a song that has a name, which I didn't bother to look up.
- 49:30 -- Called it.
- 51:00 -- The carpenter reference is to Jesus, a character from Christianity, and his crucifixion.
- 54:00 -- The sugar thing was also seen in the Men in Black (franchise)
- 55:30 -- Yeah, mixed-sex units totally work. Nobody fights harder than a pregnant woman. Plus all the men will work to protect her.
- 58:30 -- Shouldn't he open the door for them? .. though I assume there's another way out.
- 1:03:30 -- .. just as I was getting interested in that character.
- 1:06:00 -- Has that cigar ever been lit?
- 1:06:15 -- An earlier such door wasn't soundproofed.
- 1:07:30 -- He can kill the bug and pretend he's controlled.
- 1:09:00 -- How come hitting her in the head worked?
- 1:11:00 -- The bug was already loose from his head.
- 1:13:00 -- But wouldn't the mind-reading from the bug go both ways?
- 1:14:00 -- She caught them by surprise, how could they live?
Poor creatures. Why must we destroy you? I'll tell you why. Order is the tide of creation. But yours is a species that worships the one over the many. You glorify your intelligence because it allows you to believe anything. That you have a destiny. That you have a right. That you have a cause. That you're special. That you are great. But the truth.. you are born insane, and such misery cannot be allowed to spread.
- 1:15:00 -- Holy shit, did someone run out of ammo?
- 1:18:30 -- All this time he's wasting, he could have escaped with them.. maybe if there were flying bugs this could have been justified.
1:19:30 -- Federal PSA / news
Why would anyone trust her at her word? She has no evidence. I guess she could play up who the other guy was, since the various charges against him never made it out of that base, and that would give her some credibility.