The war with the bugs rages on, with humanity starting to lose, but something about god and wining and things.
This started off as a great or at lease decent tv-movie, but its "wrap up" took enough of a nosedive to spoil it. It has a much higher budget and is generally better than part two, but.. that ending, man. That ending. This is still worth a once-watch for fans of the original.
- Properly titled Starship Troopers 3: Marauder
- 1:00 -- Federal PSA / news
1:30 -- Trench
- I hear they have machines for digging now.
2:15 -- Good general policies to squash dissent when the survival of the species is at stake. Where it's bad for a country or a cult, throwing away freedoms would be perfectly fine if the stakes are really that high.
- Of course, what happens after a war when these extreme measures are entrenched is another matter.
- 3:30 -- "Would you like to buy more", heh.
- 5:30 -- That's Rico, and played by the original actor in Starship Troopers - (1997 movie).
- 7:30 -- Aww, a replacement actor.
- 8:00 -- Yep, mixed-sex military works so well. Definitely no relationships encouraging breach of security.
- 10:45 -- "It's a good day, to fry." is a take off of "it's a good day to die", whose source I didn't find at a glance.
- 12:30 -- Isn't their attitude rather harshly punishable now?
- 14:00 -- The general's square hair really bothers me.
- 17:15 -- Wouldn't they have hardpoints in place, with turrets and all sorts of fun defensive measures?
- 18:00 -- Aren't the MPs around to keep him detained?
- 20:15 -- Someone ran out of ammo!
- 21:00 -- Yay, grenades!
- 25:00 -- What, she's using her wiles to undermine duty?
- 28:45 -- Yeah, there's nothing undermining authority.
- 29:15 -- "Shit on a shingle" was coined by the U.S. military during World War II, regarding chipped beef on toast.
- 30:00 -- The thing about balance is that any wax of good will be countered by a wane.
- 33:15 -- They would know an exact head count and the names of every man there.
- 33:30 -- Did someone report on Rico's charges? Because his superior was probably dead, and nobody who survived that would tattle.
- 35:15 -- Oh, his superior did live after all. So the dick really did want to get his old friend killed.
- 36:30 -- The right-side wall has a picture of the hero from the previous movie.
- 37:00 -- Yeah, classified.
- 39:00 -- I still vaguely recognize her, but I'm still unable to place her.
- 41:30 -- And I'm sure god is everywhere, laughing at all the poor humans dying by the hundreds of thousands.
- 43:00 -- Wouldn't all of that be televised?
- 45:45 -- Or they're being herded so they can be captured.
- 46:15 -- I'm not bothering to look up the song she's singing.
- 47:15 -- Federal PSA / news
By clicking on this button you waive your statutory rights
and become property of the federation
- 49:00 -- Casual .. is that sexism? If it's adulating, then I don't see why. Hell, the actor gave permission and so did the fictional character.
- 50:30 -- Rico's over-acting is annoying as hell.
- 57:00 -- Yeah, obvious artificial sinkhole is obvious. But I thought the doctor would be kept for a while longer, and the weenie cook would be the one to go.
- 59:15 -- So has his clearance been revoked or something?
- 1:01:00 -- Federal PSA / news
- 1:02:30 -- Even, and especially, a cook would have military training.
- 1:03:15 -- It would have been better to stick to high ground.
- 1:04:30 -- Those guns are not appropriately-sized.
- 1:07:15 -- That part of the sand looks combed.
- 1:08:45 -- Well-placed furniture.
- 1:14:30 -- See, they're getting along like two soldiers. She's definitely not taking advantage of him to keep him as her servant and protector.
- 1:06:00 -- Yeah, monotheism, killing other people for worshipping the "wrong god" for.. forever.
- 1:25:00 -- Yeah, peace. They are a religion of peace.
- 1:26:30 -- God has a plan. A.. or it's the script.
- 1:28:00 -- Against a foe who can mine under things, those heavy relatively-immobile suits are mostly-useless without significant support.
- 1:29:15 -- Oh, they can leap.
- 1:30:00 -- Religion pacifies the desperate, but then science comes in and does the actual work.
- 1:31:30 -- How come there was more than one ship in orbit?
- 1:32:00 -- I'm still confused about that evil woman becoming good or some shit.
- 1:33:30 -- Why does he have gloves on-- wait, why is he in combat gear.
- 1:34:00 -- Well. You got religion? I can't marry you then, you nutter.
1:35:30 -- What the fuck did this movie spiral down into?