Rescued from an unknown realm, a demon, raised as a monster-hunting government agent, faces his destiny and the destruction of the world.
A rather good movie, because it features a relatable and mortal character. The time of its release was not saturated with this genre, so it was gave a strong impression. Even re-watching it was entertaining. I think this will hold up very well over time.
In the coldest regions of space, the monstrous
entities Ogdru Jahad -- The Seven Gods of Chaos --
slumber in their crystal prison, waiting to
reclaim Earth...and burn the heavens.
Des Vermis Mysteriis, page 87
1:00 -- "What is it, that makes a man a man?"
What makes a man, is it the power in his hands?
is it his quest for glory?
Give it all you've got, to fight to the top.
so we can know your story.
-- Orgazmo intro music
- 1:15 -- 1944
- He was 28.
1:45 -- October 9th, 1944
- A comment reports that Trondheim Abbey is in Scotland.
- Ley line
- 3:45 -- Karl Ruprect Kronen
- 10:30 -- Hell
- 10:45 -- Grigori Rasputin
- 12:15 -- This scene was brought to you by Baby Ruth
- 12:45 -- Instant blanket.
- 13:45 -- A black-and-white.. and red photograph.
- 14:45 -- Birgau Pass, Moldavia
- 16:45 -- Presumably the magic of that place would keep the blood liquid.
- 17:30 -- Lexington Oncology Center, New York United States
- That's John Hurt, who I know from all sorts of places.
- 18:00 -- Six weeks?
- 19:00 -- Tom Manning, F.B.I. - Head of Special Operations
- 19:30 -- Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense Newark, N.J. United States
- 22:15 -- Frontal lobe
- 23:45 -- Agent Clay
- 25:15 -- Hair transplantation
- 30:45 -- Fiber, Digestive Motility.
- 31:15 -- Sarmatians. The named gun is a reference to the Peacemaker (Colt Single Action Army)
- .. Samael
- 31:45 -- He shot six times, pointing the gun isn't particularly meaningful.
- 32:30 -- How do you kill it? If it were killable would it have been imprisoned?
- 33:15 -- Again, it has no ammo.
- 33:15 -- Nine shots.
- 35:15 -- Trick-or-treating (Halloween)
- 36:45 -- Now Hellboy can't jump?
- 37:30 -- Since when can he be burned?
- 38:30 -- How can his arm be "fine"?
39:30 -- Abandoned Subway Area, Locker Room
- And why would that need to be labelled?
- 40:45 -- What about that little spawnling that was attached to Hellboy's arm earlier?
- 41:15 -- Bellamie Psychiatric Hospital - Minimum Security Unit
- 43:00 -- Psychometry (paranormal)
45:15 -- I could five down there and two up above. That's seven.. but they said there were six guards killed.
- See also V for Vendetta - (2005 movie)
- 49:00 -- "I've got a chance out here".. yeah, and HB doesn't.
- 50:45 -- Presumably the thing John was holding up was recovered from the dumpster area when Hellboy flicked it off.
- 52:15 -- Pyrokinesis
- 53:45 -- She was holding out her left hand before it lit.
- 56:00 -- Knight
- 56:45 -- Would everyone have survived?
- 57:30 -- 60%? Uh, no.
- 58:15 -- Abandoned Subway Area
- 1:00:15 -- Why would he turn his tracker off?
- 1:04:00 -- There would have been space for him to go between the wall and the subway cars.
- 1:05:00 -- How in the fuck deep was that? Weren't they already in a subway? Why would there be another one 10 stories down?
- 1:06:15 -- Why wouldn't everyone flee?
- 1:09:15 -- Abe's signal was supposed to have been ringing for some time now.. because the other two knew about it. It shouldn't have stopped.
- 1:09:30 -- Five shots?
- 1:01:00 -- Instant camera
- 1:15:00 -- I hate the fake sounds, and that meow is canned.
- 1:16:00 -- This scene is brought to you by Red Bull
- 1:16:15 -- Bad CGI can-crushing..
- 1:16:30 -- Surgical addiction = Body dysmorphic disorder
- 1:19:30 -- Those cups are not held as though they had any weight in them.
- 1:20:15 -- What did he land on before being able to reach up? The top of the window frame?
- 1:23:45 -- A rock, even lightly thrown, would have drawn blood.
- 1:25:15 -- The bad guys serving ultimate evil in destroying the world for ultimate power really confuses me. How can power exist with no world? Why serve evil only to be enslaved by it? Only the ultimate evil wins..
- 1:27:30 -- He's nine.. but he's old enough to be up on the roof alone on Halloween night? His mom might bake great cookies but she's a terrible parent.
- 1:29:00 -- .. that reminds me, did Clay die?
- Probably fictional.
- 1:32:00 -- Holy shit she's strong.
- 1:34:15 -- Russian Airspace
- 1:34:45 -- Volokolamsk Fields, Moscow
- 1:35:45 -- Muddy? It's snowing.
- 1:37:30 -- Would that corpse speak Russian? Or is he speaking some magical tongue associated with how he was resurrected, and which Hellboy is now revealed to know.
- 1:37:45 -- This scene is brought to you by PowerBar (Energy gel)
- 1:40:45 -- That place is staggeringly large. So vast that legends ought to have arisen from its creation.
- 1:42:00 -- Terrible floaty-walking.
- 1:42:00 -- The door stayed open too long.
- 1:43:00 -- Bits were flying off of his arm.
- 1:48:00 -- Wouldn't the timer on that one now-dead dude's grenade belt have counted down?
- 1:56:30 -- How did he get free?!
- 1:59:30 -- Well.. technically Meyers has a free girl.
2:04:00 -- .. no it must be the titties.
- 0:35:50 -- Funny how he cares about the heat given off from his horns.
- 0:43:20 -- That little flashback doesn't explain why the blade was left behind.
- 1:00:30 -- For them to fall that far and then down into the subway is like saying that people have to walk down dozens of staircases to get down there. Come on.
- 1:00:55 -- Pay phones don't receive calls.. haven't for a long time.
- 1:08:24 -- Nice canned meow there.
- 1:31:00 -- They never really get the timing of the door closings right, do they?
- 1:32:41 -- Pieces of hb's arm are flying off. That's some fierce magic in those pointy tonfa if a diamond bit caught fire trying to get a square millimetre of material from his arm.
1:38:12 -- Chicky explored in fire, and the grenades don't go off?