The last version I used was MediaWiki version 1.15.1
See also MediaWiki reviews for a peek into the rabbit hole of my history with it.
- MediaWiki tricks and tips
- Promotion > SEO > MediaWiki SEO
- CSS > MediaWiki CSS
- bug tracker
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hiddenwiki/ - A hack&patch project to allow proper permissions for MediaWiki.
Bitnami has a MediaWiki stack.
- 2014-08-07 - Switched to WordPress with BlogText
- 2005-08-21 - Officially switched to MediaWiki.
- I had tinkered with it for some time before.
Random usage notes ∞
Pages associated together with
A page may belong to multiple categories.. simply add more of those statements.
[[Special:Categories]] is a listing of all categories.
Bookmarklet to purge the current page ∞
Old notes ∞
Customize the style.
- Remove the left sidebar to free up space. Move its content to the bottom.
- Make the width auto-adjusting, with a maximum.
Screw around with DynamicPageList to try to auto-generate a list.
- all items which link to page x
- where the link is within the first 'x' characters of the page. (%0?)
- Also include a summary from each matched page. Anything from %0 beginning with a space?
Check out DynamicPageList and its sortable tables.
Wiki syntax hilighting ∞
Get it working. The two solutions I've seen are by the same guy and are half-assed.. I had issues with the enscript one and it stopped working on the new server. Yay. =/
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi -- probably the best choice..