more coming later
- Anonymous metadata-resistant instant messaging that just works.
- Brings IM (instant messaging) to IRC clients.
- XMPP (Jabber) console client
- 2009-04-04 - Couldn't test: The stuff that's in the PCLinuxOS repository requires Qt4 which isn't ready yet.
2019-11-18 - apparently abandoned:
- Tested 2009-04-07 - 0.7.4.1 on (distribution not recorded)
- GNOMEish. Only has MSN at the moment. IRC is in development.
- Tested 2009-04-07 - 0.5.0 on PCLinuxOS (version not recorded)
- AOL, ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, IRC and Jabber.
- Really fails at IRC.
- Tested 2009-04-07 - 0.1.3.1 on (distribution not recorded)
- Sound is either "always on" or "always off". Bit fat Fail for IRC.
- The AOL Instant Messenger Tcl Client
- As of 2019-11-18 - Released 07/17/01 -- That's probably 2001-07-17
Qnext [ 1 ] was www.qnext.com
- Tested 2009-04-07 - (version not recorded) on (distribution not recorded)
- Big bloated Java program. IRC was HELL to figure out. Doesn't properly auto-send commands, can't paste from the console into it.. have to paste from the console into something X (like Firefox) and then copy it out into Qnext. Has serious issues repainting the screen.
Bitwise [ 2 ] was www.bitwiseim.com
- It's free, but they're selling a commercial version.
- TODO - absorb this content. (also cached locally)
ancient MSN Messenger notes ∞
Just here for historical interest.
(now Windows Live Messenger)
- Had a deletion detector and some other nice utils.
- Was an add-on for MSN Messenger, with a lot of the features Microsoft never bothered to put in.