Taken from a back of a bag of Quaker(R) Oatmeal.
- 1000 mL (4 cups) cooking applies (about 5 large), peeled and sliced
- 25 mL (1½ tbsp) brown sugar
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 50 mL (¼ cup) water
- 250 mL (1 cup) Quaker Oats (any variety except instant, uncooked)
- 75 mL (⅓ cup) all purpose flower
- 200 mL (¾ cup) brown sugar
- 2 mL (½ tsp) salt
- 75 mL (⅓ cup) butter or margarine, melted
"Grease" for the baking dish.
- I don't know what that is.
- Oven that can reach 190°C (375°F)
- Baking dish, 22cm (9") square, shallow.
- Measuring cups and spoons.
- Mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F)
- Grease baking dish
- Place applies in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle apples with the lemon juice
- Sprinkle apples with the brown sugar
- Sprinkle apples with the water
- Combine remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl
- Add melted butter into that separate bowl.
- Mix that separate bowl until it becomes crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture on top of the apples.
Bake at 190°C (375°F) for 30 minutes or until apples are tender.
- How can I check if the apples are tender?
Yields 8 servings.
Nutrition facts ∞
- 237 Calories
- 40g Carbohydrates
- 8.4g Fat
2.7g Dietary Fibre
Presumably that would vary if using butter or margarine.