See also Search engine optimization (SEO)
2016-12-25 - Though these notes were researched when Compiled Website was live, they are universal.
After various validations pass, and I hand-check things according to anybrowser, add the following into the footer:
<a href="http://www.anybrowser.org/campaign/">Viewable With Your Favorite Browser</a>
- Later, write an essay on this topic and link to it from the footer, and instead link to anybrowser.org from the essay.
HTML Validation ∞
<a href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer"> <img src="i/valid-xhtml10.png" alt="Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional" height="31" width="88" /> </a>
CSS validation ∞
Link checking ∞
I don't understand why their checker doesn't allow checking of its own links, probably for traffic reasons. I have no
robots.txt disallow for them.
A HREF function-links ∞
To fix the validation issue, I started doing:
Using HTML with
robots.txt checkers ∞
- Specific to hosts
- See answer 156449
live.com - have a similar tool in their Webmaster Center.
Notes on specific robots ∞
- google.com, http://www.google.com/imghp, http://video.google.com/, etc: http://www.google.com/intl/en/options/
- http://search.aol.com/, http://search.aol.com/aol/imagehome, http://video.aol.com/
- info: Googlebot
- I can't find direct information, try around here: 8456
- submit: http://www.google.com/addurl/
- www.bing.com / live.com
- I can't even give a direct URL to official information on it.
- submit: http://www.bing.com/webmaster/SubmitSitePage.aspx
- info: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/search/webcrawler/index.html
- submit (requires registration): http://search.yahoo.com/info/submit.html
- Yahoo directory submit: https://ecom.yahoo.com/dir/submit/intro/
robots.txt, add something like:
Multiple lines for multiple sitemaps is allowed.
(Not implemented yet)
Since this engine doesn't really care about the functionality of the server, I don't have much to say about it.
- Custom error documents
- Logging and statistics
I'm not using self-hosted email right now.