This is a fairly broad topic for bunches of items which don't otherwise have a home.
Many paths.. ∞
- The Feldenkrais Method
The Trager Approach
The spirit ∞
This is a general over-arching perspective, often focused on a system created and used by others.
- In Buddhism, meditation is the practice of mindfulness/awareness, shamata/vipashyana in Sanskrit.
The mind ∞
Mentality, "self-improvement", psychology, sociology, Philosophy.
- The Zone, Meditation
- e.g. Making a man
The Alexander Technique has a concept of "conscious de-control".
- Performed through "central control", basically, focusing on a general balance so as to stop bad habits and allow good ones to come. Focus, to allow instinct to come to the foreground.
The body ∞
Physicality. Many of these things are requirements for practices of the mind or spirit noted above.
Breathing, Health and Fitness, Posture, Relaxation
- "Breathwork Healing" has not been researched (Rebirthing, Holotropic Breathwork and Theta Breath)
- Methods vary, but some form of meditation, mindfulness or other awareness is always found in capable practitioners of every martial art and sport, and many other things like playing instruments (Pianos, Shakuhachi).
Aikido has several focus points. Just below the naval is a major one.
- Kiatsuho -- Pressing with Ki. [ 1 ] See The Shokushu - Ki Sayings. It also has writing on both breathing and focus.
*In East Indian lore, Samskara includes meditation.
** A mantra is a tool for meditation.
- Breath, Movement, Thought and Diet
- Windmill - Buddhist Meditation
- And other dates..
|^ 1||See The Shokushu - Ki Sayings. It also has writing on both breathing and focus.|
ported from an earlier content management system
Ported and remade. Date estimated.
organized a bit