A fine tactics game.
aka Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen
What I have is:
Ogre Battle Saga
The March of the Black Queen
- This is the Ogre Battle Saga episode 5 - The march of the black queen. The case is scuffed, but the rest is like new.
While in the main edit mode ∞
- I think if you delete a unit you also delete its equipped item.
- When adding or removing items, at least list the units with and without items.
- Can't view the stats of an item until you remove it and view it in your inventory.
Icons could have a coloured dot or line to indicate the level of an item.
- I'm not really sure what I meant with this, but the labeling idea is good.
The transport mode of a unit could be shown better when seeing the list of units in combat (L1 I think) or assembling a unit in edit mode.
- It helps to learn what units go together and, for example, can still fly.
While in combat-mode ∞
- Can't view a character's worn item. Need to enter edit or item mode.
- Units which are sitting at the home base should be editable from stock without needing to withdraw, manipulate and then re-deploy.
It's annoying that units can change to a higher class and lose the ability to recruit what they used to be able to recruit. That's just dumb.
The lord doesn't turn when retreating.
edit mode ∞
Can't erase a dispatched unit. Have to exit edit mode and view the unit, edit the unit and then delete.
- The booklet lists imp -> demon -> devil, but the game is actually imp -> devil -> demon
The booklet should list what units recruit what.
- How does CHA work? It seems impossible to get high enough to be useful, when recruiting units that are high level to begin with.
- The mage recruits what?
Need a list of magical items.
Notes 1 ∞
from earlier text file notes
Ogre Battle Review
The cheat sheet is wrong
- a lich can be created from an x with an align of 0
ninja master/back is 2A, not 2/S
1. go to diaspola and purchase a golden bough for deneb at the castle in deneb7s garden
2. go to malano, get item x for the top-left of pogrom
3. kastolian sea has 'holy sword'
- Luchi can summon pumpkinheads, but how?
- lycanthrope are recruited by Vampires!
You can only get them in two ways: the first, by using a "Full Moon Stone" on one of your own units in the middle of the night to hopefully conjure up a Tiger Man into a neutral encounter battle with your unit, and then attempt to persuade it to join you. The other, and easier way, is to use Persuasion Spells on Imperial units with them in the Antanjyl stage
startprompts to exit
the original island has gryphons
pausing is possible before most battles, but not all
- random npc encounter
- either bounced into a retreat (not sure if it's your unit or the enemy unit)
- when finished moving the game is paused. pressing start (pause) twice will dismiss that dialogue
startexit prompt should pause the game
- opinion leader
- fight it out
controls can be very annoying
- when fighting, in the edit unit screen
- combine the various screens into the view screen - add/remove unit, remove item, change class or leader.
Notes 2 ∞
from earlier text file notes
liberating towns matters - check its stats. send the right unit to liberate
- Cure Ankh- SLUMS OF ZENOBIA- $2000 each
- Ray of Sunshine- LAKE JANSENNIA- $4000 each
- Moonbeam- KALBIAN PENINSULA- $4000 each
- Persuasion Spell- CITY OF MALANO- $50000 each
- 7-League Boots- DIASPOLA- $4000 each
- Joker Tarot- SLUMS OF ZENOBIA- $2000 each
- Dowsing Rod- SHIGGULD- $25000 each
Crystal Ball- ANTANJYL- $50000 each
- how do I recruit?
- how do I get my reputation up?
- how do I increase charisma?
- does the leader need the charisma, or all characters in the unit?
samurai masters work well with ninja
- Find the city of Selshippe in the far northwest, obtain the Mercury from there.
Return to Selshippe with the Gem of Doun to receive the Olden Orb.
Obtain a Rune Axe at the hidden temple in the western mountains by speaking to the monk there. Obtain the Opal Zodiac Stone here.
MUSIC/ONas a name.
Dragon's Heaven battle:
FIRESEALas a name to start at Dragon's Heaven with a strong army.
GOTOHELLas a name. Note: This affects both sides of the game.
- In the Sharam border, you can find neutral level one Green Dragons. Send a Mountain unit or a High Flying unit to find them. These dragons can either be used early in the game, as cheap and powerful units that have great potential because they start at level one; or you can return later in the game to slaughter them to lower ALI, if you have a unit with an ALI to high to permit graduation to a darker upgrade.
- To find the four Chaos Gates, go to the place where in a town someone will say "I saw a Flying unit go.... (east.)". Go there. You will unlock four hidden areas (the three Sky Islands) to recruit the three High Knights, but you will need the sword Brunhild.
- It rare but possible to get neutral Dragons in the Sharom Border. However, if you return to Warren's Castle with plenty of "Summoning Chimes" and a high enough Ali. in the Ocean part of Warren's Castle, you can pick up Level 8 Green Dragons, Cockatrice, and Griffins. Use Summoning Chimes in water areas in different stages to get a variety of Level 8 Neutrals.
- Beast Tamers don't lead monsters as well, on account monster characters (like Hellhounds, Dragons, Giants, etc) are afraid of whips.
Dragon Tamers will also boost the stats of any Dragons they lead, making them an ideal leader for Dragons
- they recruit Wyvern
doll mage / enchanter back-row acid is physical, works well on mages etc
- Doll Magi and Enchanters will also boost the stats of any type of Golem they are leading.
- mages recruit imps
- lich recruits Wraith, Phantom
- monk recruits Cherubim
- valkrye recruits amazon
A Princess as a unit leader will give a +1 bonus to ALL of the attacks of ALL of your allies in her ENTIRE unit that she is leading, INCLUDING herself!
- power play guide
- https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/198231-ogre-battle-the-march-of-the-black-queen/faqs [ 1 ] was www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/198231.html
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/198231-ogre-battle-the-march-of-the-black-queen/faqs/32158 [ 2 ] was www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/198231/32158
- lists recruitable bosses, and how to do that.
- Charisma also rises faster and better when characters are working with other characters that they get along with.
- Killing stronger and/or chaotic characters will raise your alignment.
- Killing lawful and/or weaker opponents will lower it.
Characters fight better when paired with "likes".
- Knights fight better paired with Samurais, Fighters, and other Knights.
- Female characters fight better with other female characters.
- Evil characters work better with other evil and chaotic characters.
- Dragons fight better with Dragon Tamers and Dragoons, etc.
Weigh your choices carefully of who you put in a unit, not just for pure combat prowess, but for unity. A united (and charismatic) unit will fight much better.
Hidden Stage Alpha-MUSPELM- Slust (*recruitable!*)
- Level 17 Dragoon
- Bodyguards- Two Level 15 Gold Dragons
when you do defeat him, if your Reputation, Alignment, and Charisma are high enough, as well as if you have the Star of Heroes, you will break Rashidi's control over him, and he will come with you!
Hidden Stage Beta-ORGANA- Fenril (*recruitable!*)
She will also join you if your Reputation, Charisma, and Alignment are high enough, and if you have the Star of Heroes.
Hidden Stage Delta-ANTANJYL- Galf (*recruitable!*)
- Level 18 Devil
- Bodyguards- Two Level 16 Phantoms, two Level 17 Phantoms
After defeating him, he *IS* recruitable provided, however, that you have a VERY low Reputation Meter, and if you give him the Brunhild Sword (REALLY BAD IDEA), as if you're pursuing the good path, don't have one of "Satan's Minions" join you in your quest, it's going to really tarnish your reputation with the Wind Gods and most any mortal on the face of the continent. :)
Hidden Stage Gamma-SHIGULD- Fogel (*recruitable!*)
- Level 21 Dragoon
- Bodyguards- One Level 20 Tiamat
When you beat him, if your Alignment, Charisma, and Reputation are high, and you have the Star of Heroes, Fogel will join you. The requirements for ALI, CHA, and Reputation to get Fogel are not as high as those needed to get Fenril or Slust
22-SHRINE OF KULYN- Luvalon (*items: "Holy Grail", "Bizen" sword*)
- Level 26 General
- Bodyguards- Four Level 22 Samurais
You MUST fight Luvalon "honorably" if you wish to get the Grail when you return to Kulyn, which means you *CANNOT RUN AWAY OR USE TAROT CARDS AGAINST HIM OR HIS UNIT*
[ + ]