way more coming later
Founded by Morihei Ueshiba.
Japanese: "The Way of Harmony with Universal Spirit"
- Daitō-ryū Aiki-jūjutsu is a parent art.
Aiki may also be interpreted as "accommodation to circumstances." This latter interpretation is somewhat nonstandard, but it avoids certain undesirable metaphysical commitments and also epitomizes quite well both the physical and psychological facets of Aikido.
- rec.martial-arts FAQ (section 16.1)
Eric Sotnak's Aikido Primer (Internet Archive archive)
Aikido Articles ∞
The following links have not all been checked, and some may be broken. Check The Internet Archive Wayback Machine for archives.
A Short Story by Terry Dobson - a master of Aikido and conflict resolution
- http://omlc.ogi.edu/aikido/talk/index.html - amazing!! The first link has been borged (ish)
- Aikido of Champlain Valley Newsletter
- Aikido Shugyo Dojo Newsletter
- Canadian Aikido Federation
- Aikido FAQ
- http://www.aikido.net.au/anu/articles/buddhism.html - Aikido and Buddhism
http://www.aikiweb.com/ - links on the left. Lots of stuff!
- Dojo search engine