Vitamin C as a food additive:
- forms: Ascorbic acid, low-acid calcium ascorbate, fat-soluable ascorbal palmitate
- Ascorbal palmitate can enter into cells. It is synthetic and not found in foods.
- Vitamin C and Zinc help prevent the body from absorbing excess copper.
Vitamin C gets burned off in mass quantities under stress and anger.
- Antioxidant -- Only vitamin C can prevent the initiation of free radical-caused cell damage. (because it works outside the cells..)
- Required for the synthesis of acetylcholine and norepinephrine.
- Highest to lowest amount: Broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, grapefruit, strawberries, lemons, cabbage, oranges, pineapple, turnip, tomatoes, peaches, potatoes, beans, peas, apples, bananas
- Should be available throughout the day.. take 1g 3z daily. Slow-release pills can be erratic for timing.
Can oxydize into DHA (dehydroascorbic acid)
Tissue growth and repair, adrenal gland function, and healthy gums, protects against the harmful effects of pollution, helps to prevent cancer, protects against infection, and enhances immunity, reduce cholesterol levels and high blood pressure, and prevent artherosclerosis, protects against blood clotting and bruising, and promotes the healing of wounds and burns.
Symptoms of Deficiency ∞
Scurvy, poor wound healing, soft and spongy bleeding gums, edema, extreme weakness, and “pinpoint” hemorrhages under the skin, colds and bronchial infections; joint pains; lack of energy; poor digestion; prolonged healing time; a tendency to bruise easily; and tooth loss.
Berries, citrus fruits, and green vegetables, asparagus, avocados, beet greens, black currants, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cantaloupe, collards, dandelion greens, dulse, grapefruit, kale, lemons, mangos, mustard greens, onions, oranges, papayas, green peas, sweet peppers, persimmons, pineapple, radishes, rose hips, spinach, strawberries, Swiss chard, tomatoes, turnip greens, and watercress, alfalfa, burdock root, cayenne pepper, chickweed, eyebright, fennel seed, fenugreek, hops, horsetail, kelp, peppermint, mullein, nettle, oat straw, paprika, parsley, pine needle, plantain, raspberry leaf, red clover, rose hips, skullcap, violet leaves, yarrow, yellow dock.
I've tried ∞
Redoxon 1000mg Ascorbic Acid Talblets U.S.P. ∞
Orange Flavour Effervescent Vitamin C
Redoxon-Cal Calcium + Vitamins Orange flavour Effervescent Tablets ∞
- Calcium (as calcium carbonate) 250mg
- Vitamin C 1000mg
- Vitamin D3 300 I.U.
- Vitamin B6 15mg
Citric acid (non-medicinal ingredient) 1500mg
One daily in a 1/2 glass of cold water
I like these a lot. But I have no idea how they can't have other ingredients if they're effervescent. =/
The calcium stuff leaves a powder at the bottom of the glass. =/
Rexall Naturals - Vitamin C 1000mg With Rose Hips - Sustained Release ∞
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 1000mg
Non-medicinal ingredients (in descending order): Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, corn starch, stearic acid, silica gel, magnesium stearate and rose hips extract.
No artificial flavours, colours or preservatives.
No gluten, lactose, sugar or yeast.