Projects > Software > Operating Systems >
An operating system most notably on mobile phones, but also found on media boxes.
Fundamentally flawed - It is tethered to Google in as many ways as they've made possible. From a time server, to internet traffic compression. From google play requiring an account requiring your verified phone number. From hoops to download and install software from their store. It's fucking awful.
- Note that although Android borrows from BSD and Linux, it is not fully-free. Replicant aims to be that.
- Using an Android device as a USB stick
Table of Contents [hide]
Notes and resources ∞
- Adaptive notifications (turn this off)
Downloading Android APKs ∞
Downloading from the Google Play store can only be done by third-party tools.
Added instructions for Lubuntu.
Added Windows 10 mount instructions.. bah it's annoying.
moved mount instructions into [[Using an Android device as a USB stick]]
- moved apps to check out into local bookmarks
- moved android 7 notes into its own page: [[Android 7]]