See also Internet
Linux notes ∞
netstat -tapto show what's listening
/etc/rc.d/rc.local could have:
ip route add 184.108.40.206/32 via 192.168.10.11
- Configuring your Linux machine as an NCP server (Novell NetWare Fileserver)
- Ronja point-to-point laser networking.
- http://www.ex-parrot.com/~pete/upside-down-ternet.html -- turn images upside-down, blur things, screw with people using your network. Cool!
- VNC screen capturing is under Screencasting
- Shotgunning is when you connect multiple net connections together. Most likely, an ISP would have to support this.
Traffic shaping[doesn't exist] lets certain ports be more important than others, and improves speed greatly. It's useful for P2P[doesn't exist]. VoIP, etc. IPCop had this working, but it didn't seem all that spectacular.
- trickle is a portable lightweight userspace bandwidth shaper.
Killer NIC ∞
Dedicated processor to aid with FPS and latency, per-application throttling, shotgunning multiple broadband connections..
It used to be:
Possibly now Killer NIC[doesn't exist]
MAC spoofing ∞
Changing Your MAC Address In Window XP/Vista, Linux And Mac OS X (Sometimes known as MAC spoofing)