Vegetables simply rot away in open air, but they can transform under certain circumstances. When treated appropriately, vegetables have within them the ability to transform themselves into other forms, similar to processes like pickling or fermenting.
aka Fermenting (fermentation)
Raw Cultured Vegetables, by Evan Richards
- now redirects to: http://www.rejuvenative.com/a-guide-to-raw-cultured-vegetables/
- Healing with Whole Foods, by Paul Pitchford (ISBN 1556434308)
- The Body Ecology Diet, by Donna Gates (ISBN 0963845829)
- The Macrobiotic Way, by Michio Kush (ISBN 0895295245),
https://web.archive.org/web/20100430214638/http://www.bodyecologydiet.com:80/cveggies.php -- cultured veggies. Sortof a self-fermented thing.
- FIXME - link an archive: www.clemson.edu/extension/hgic/food/food_safety/preservation/
Ooh, check out https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/food-nutrition/healthy-eating/nutrient-data.html Nutrient Data