Adjusting, reducing, increasing, customizing Android's volume.
Equalizer settings will be covered by an app, likely something like Volume+. The ones I tested were suspicious, so this will be a topic to research later.
- Enter Android Engineering Mode
- Swipe right to
Type > [Media]
Max Vol. 0~160 the same. An out-of-spec volume can damage your speaker.
For each level, make a change.
0 = 0 1 = 15 2 = 60 3 = 100 4 = 120 5 = 140 6 = 155 7 = 170 8 = 185 9 = 200 10 = 210 11 = 220 12 = 230 13 = 240 14 = 248
- Click 'back' a bunch of times to get to the home screen
- Press the other button to get the screens up
- Close Engineering Mode and Phone
- Press and hold the power button, you'll get a popup.
With the preferences I list above, the very lowest settings will only generate hiss, and then a distorted sound. This isn't surprising. I leave those settings the way they are, so I can hold the phone to my ear for very low-volume testing, in the cases I don't want to disturb others.