Adjusting, reducing, increasing, customizing Android's volume.
Equalizer settings will be covered by an app, likely something like Volume+. The ones I tested were suspicious, so this will be a topic to research later.
- If you are looking for equalizer functionality, see Flat Equalizer.
- Android 12 has balance, volume, and equalizer functionality built in.
Note that Sound Assistant has "Change step volume" which might also be useful.
Android 12 / Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra ∞
Tested 2023-03-18 on Android 12 on the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Stop your audio player
- Disable BlueTooth
- Enter Android Developer Mode
(_) Absolute Volume
- Enable BlueTooth
Start your audio player
Lastly, your volume slider might not be "accurate" enough. Sound Assistant has "Change step volume" which worked for me.
- There is an in-built feature called "Dolby Atmos" which might also be undesirable. If it is not present in your top slide-down menu, you can edit to include it there.
Note that there is also equalizer functionality built into Android 12.
Android 7 / Doogee X20 ∞
Tested 2017-11-26 on Android 7 on the Doogee X20
- Enter Android Engineering Mode -
- Swipe right to
Type > [Media]
Max Vol. 0~160(some number)
- Keep this the same. An out-of-spec volume can damage your speaker. This number is not exactly related to the actual level settings.
- For this particular example, mine is
136. Yours may be different.
For each level, make a change.
0 = 0 1 = 15 2 = 60 3 = 100 4 = 120 5 = 140 6 = 155 7 = 170 8 = 185 9 = 200 10 = 210 11 = 220 12 = 230 13 = 240 14 = 248
- Click 'back' a bunch of times to get to the home screen
- Press the other button to get the screens up
- Close Engineering Mode and Phone
- Press and hold the power button, you'll get a popup.
With the preferences I list above, the very lowest settings will only generate hiss, and then a distorted sound. This isn't surprising. I leave those settings the way they are, so I can hold the phone to my ear for very low-volume testing, in the cases I don't want to disturb others.
Updated for Android 12 / Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and the BlueTooth audio not able to be lower.