Developing Aardwolf areas.
I was briefly a developer, but when took a break my area was deleted and not archived so I abandoned this project.
BIG FAT DISCLAIMER: Even as of the date of this port (2005-11-18 and maybe earlier), this information was quite dated. There are some quotes which ought to point toward a changelog/version though.
Command cheat sheet ∞
olist all-- object list
mlist all-- mob list
edit room reset-- resets a room, but not objects that load on floor
edit room resetforce-- resets a room AND objects that load on floor
create <vnum>-- make an item in your vnum range
wizinvis-- Become invisible
holylight-- See everything
vnum used-- Check how many vnums you've used.
ofreein the editor
edit area 28650
transfer <yourname> 28650
north dig <vnum>-- tunnel into a new vnum
north room <vnum>
north door <vnum>
ed add <keyword>
ed edit <keyword>
ed delete <keyword>
to add keywords to a direction, try
south name "one two three"
to make a one-way door:
room <vnum>and THEN
reset/purge the area
- moves and hps are grouped together for the heal amount.
- Tiers cannot get into
- A wiz-mob (no short/long desc) counts towards the two mob limit in a private room.
- It is possible to attach a new area from inside of Midgaard.
- Mud-wide quests are possible, but cannot rely on editing previously created mobprogs.
- Areas could be combined through use of portals but not directly linking. Themes could be created this way.
nosummonflag disallows the use of a pet there.
jailflag should not be used - but it can prevent the use of spells (maybe skills)
- You can't quite make random exits, but you can put in either an mprog that transfers characters to random rooms, or set up a few different exits to rooms and add
reset <room#> maz 6to make it a maze room.
- There is a new
- There is a new
- There is a new some other flag
There are the new portal types (push thing, etc)
The 50 vnum limit was at a time when aard had less memory available and for first time builders.
- A level-lock is 20-25 levels below the lowest level mob. A level lock is not required.
silentspellflag are new room flags which are not necessarily available. Ask imms for their use.
- Cannot remove the ability to use a particular skill/spell etc.
- 30 line room description limit
- The Vnum limits could be expanded for mature builders.
- A room can be within -120 to +120 for health/mana regen.
noexploreflag can be used on only certain rooms. If you have a room that no player is ever intended to enter, such as a mob corpse disposal room, or the second room of a petshop, it can have
Portals cannot be made to enter into another area.
Outstanding questions ∞
- 79 char width?
how do I make things un-gettable?
- level sensitive (total levels, counting up remorts etc)
Notes and ideas ∞
- have to re-read the site (maybe write additions for it?). Must learn more about the limits of mobprogs. Must learn the alignment, item and movement mobprog tricks. Must learn mob and item loading on mobprog demand, not on repop. Consider getting the file format and doing some stuff offline? (I don't think it's possible, since the last file documentation I saw was badly out of date, but who knows).
- offer 1M per mistake found in the area.
- webpage update eventually, including a class type thing.
- 50 vnums = 40-60 (20 num range)
- choose the entry point of the area
- Ask imms for the level range
- builders pin can be imbued.
- lower spam on mobprogs when a person is fighting.
- possibly make some mobs with a fake flag in their name..
- just like with falcovnia.. I want some rooms to have 1 mob repopping there, and not have more than 4 or so mobs ever build up.
- make a funky caster like the one in amazonnation - so she can dispel etc etc.
- make a random event in the heal areas.. a complete dispel and a complete heal..
I can have items dropped in a sector air area, and have the down entrance be a one-way to another room.
- I could even have a mob drop items so they appear in the linked room.. hehe.
- A goodberry floats by.
It's undocumented, but you can add comments using the " character. The only caveat is that you cannot indent that " by even one space... " This will work fine. " This will not.