A starship travels and has adventures and stuff.
Notes were taken between 2006-12-26 and 2007-04-08
Season 1 ∞
There is no "play all" feature on these DVDs. Sigh.
I think it's the second last disk which is missing a chapter stop. I skip the intro bit, and I end up 2 chapters forward.
disk1, ep1 ∞
- 15:17 -- Nobody is in jeopardy. Use a fucking shuttle.
18:00 -- Why not get a doctor involved? Why not approach the duplicate and say "hey, there's two of you now!" or something?
ep4: Miri ∞
The basic premise of this episode is stupid. Kids with more time on their hands get smarter.
- 03:00 -- Aren't there official first-contact ships?
- 03:40 -- Ok, so there's nobody home, maybe that's a good reason.
- 05:00 -- Would you punch something like that in the face?
- 15:00 -- Oh, did we forget to follow first contact procedures for an alien planet? Oops. Ok, initiate the quarantining stuff, send down some medics who are protected, etc.
- 32:00 -- Umm.. losing contact for more than an hour should cause them to send a shuttle or a landing party with suits on or something. The ship can easily scan them or beam down a probe or something to learn what's going on.
- 40:10 -- Ooh, we see the mark on her arm.
47:00 -- I never did like the instant-healing effects.. that's just dumb.
This episode introduces a new technology: Now humans age only one month for one hundred years.
disk3 ep1 ∞
- 02:32 -- No, you don't go attacking people.. someone's sure to miss him.
- 18:05 -- Isn't that backdrop from an earlier episode?
- 18:20 -- No wonder her hands are over her butt like that, her underwear doesn't match. =)
- 29:00 -- The first mind meld!
- 39:20 -- I wonder what would happen if she shouted for him to fight it, or escape or something. He would just have to get out of the chair, and she could suggest that.
- 43:00 -- Her undershirt looks different from when she first crawled into the ventilation.
- 45:00 -- I wonder if his phaser's still good. =)
- 45:18 -- Good girl!
45:23 -- Wait, where did Kirk get that phaser from? Would it have been left on the floor overnight?
disk3 ep3 ∞
- 17:27 -- A shuttlecraft can't keep up if they're at maximum warp. Aah good, they mention that it can't catch them.
- 34:35 -- Umm, but those survivors would still have been there for 18 years.. so they aren't a priority at all. Geeze people, they could wait a week longer.
- 35:55 -- "Time warp.. factor seven" ?!
- 38:00 -- Oh good, from orbit you can say "to the left". Riight.
41:15 -- So are those aliens being displayed in the trial?
I don't understand why he didn't take the opportunity Spock presented to get computer control back.
I don't understand why they didn't do whatever is necessary to stop the ship.
I think it's funny that the oriental transport operator had glasses.. and then didn't.
disk3 ep4 ∞
- 10:45 -- Mouth full of fake teeth or something..
- 30:20 -- "The women!" .. haha.
32:40 -- "Plus unusually strong female drives" = HORNY! ;)
But how could he be kept alive down there? How do they maintain his wheelchair?
disk4 ep1 ∞
- 26:15 -- Uhura's mouth isn't open for the last note sung.
- 30:45 -- No it won't take out the entire deck!
- 32:24 -- SEVERAL decks?!
- 35:15 -- 20 years is plenty of time to have amnesty from a crime. Oh right, "monsters" don't count. Oh, and I guess there's the recent charge of attempted murder. Two counts even, and probably some counts of destruction of property and such. Threatening SEVERAL decks with the phaser. How was that several-deck-destroying-phaser misplaced? So the poisoning could be an accident, but the phaser? Oh, someone else must have done that. Uh, so .. uh.. do nothing. Right.
- 40:30 -- Umm, I guess that's how you get at a phaser. Yep, it's easy.
- 41:10 -- Yep, let's not stop the play and protect the mark.
- 42:25 -- Nope, let's not escort him at all.
45:40 -- That was two minutes passing?
disk4 ep2 ∞
Balance of Terror
vs the romulans
- 30:30 -- 2 minutes at warp, you call that limited range?!
- 36:30 -- Umm, you see.. the thing about space and sound is.. uh. Oh nevermind.
- 37:00 -- But after 9 hours, they would have had a response from headquarters about their entry into The Neutral Zone.
- 39:20 -- Uh, there's no sound.. in .. space.
- 43:15 -- Wait a second, weren't they already playing around in The Neutral Zone? How'd they get back to the edge?
- 46:05 -- Good thing they all speak English.
48:00 -- Phew, their first response was more than 7 hours late..
disk4 ep3 ∞
Ok, why not beam back right away?
47:25 -- Uh, no way would I send people down there. I'd flee, and return with enough manpower to steal that technology.
disk6 ep3 ∞
38:59 -- Umm, but the ship wasn't hearing Kirk's voice as he spoke?
Special Features ∞
The special features have a lot of clips which weren't from season one. =/
Other seasons ∞
I guess I didn't have/watch anything else.