there's more to be ported
One of the tricks is to get a disliked project up and running to make it the de facto alternative, then either pulling out to let it rot, or setting up to make/slow decision making, allowing the liked project to become the de facto popular/better project in comparison. -- spiralofhope, 2018-07-27 on the Devuan mailing list.
Operating systems which are explicitly security-focused:
Anything using systemd has been subverted at its core:
- panopticlick.eff.org -- Browser tracking checker
- Defensive Technology - EFF Surveillance Self-Defense Project
- Securing Debian Manual
- Upload files with secure privacy features
- reportedly moving to https://github.com/hilbix/
- GPA - The Gnu Privacy Assistant
- CryptoMail.org - an encrypted e-mail application service provider
- MaraDNS - a security-aware DNS server
- AFICK (Another File Integrity CHecker) - security tool
- Lynis - Security and system auditing tool
- Computer software & security
- Open Web Application Security Project
- Cyphertite - High Security Online Backup
- The Hacker News - Breaking News, Cyber Security, Hacking News
- Krebs on Security
- Security In A Box - Tools and tactics for your digital security
- Neworder - Security and Networking
- BNC (software) -- A BNC (short for bouncer) is a piece of software that is used to relay traffic and connections in computer networks, much like a proxy. Using a BNC allows a user to hide the original source of the user's connection, providing privacy as well as the ability to route traffic through a specific location. A BNC can also be used to hide the true target to which a user connects.
- its old website, at least, included HOWTOs for various OS'. The new one is unchecked.
http://wayback.archive.org/web/20160521095337/http://lavarnd.org/what/sound_argument.html -- Using a CCD (used in Digital cameras) for random number generation.
- Comparison of software and protocols for distributed social networking
- Enigmail: A simple interface for OpenPGP email security
- CenterIM - has OTR
- RedPhone :: Secure Calls - Android Apps on Google Play
- Bringing GnuPG/PGP to the web browser
- Instantbird - Instant Messaging
- Muji - video conferencing
Search engines ∞