A plugin to let you insert text mid-sentence, and have it be turned into a link leading to the text instead placed at the bottom of the page.
Risk of abandonment
- The author commented that he is not a programmer and that he needs assistance for his ideas. I know exactly how he feels.
- As of 2021-02-26 this situation has not changed.
- https://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/footnotes/ [ 3 ] development log
- was https://github.com/media-competence-institute/footnotes
- 2021-12-30 - 2.1.3 on WordPress 5.6 with PHP 7.3.23
- 2020-11-06 - 2.0.8 on WordPress 5.5.3 with PHP 7.3.21
- 2019-06-29 -- Mark reports the project is alive!
- 2019-06-28 -- I guess this project is dead, because its home page is covered in broken code.
- 2018-03-07 -- The new redirect page is broken. I don't know if this project is abandoned or not.
2021-12-30 - 2.1.3 ∞
Two links partially breaks footnotes with BlogText ∞
Because a mod decided that my lengthy report was a "duplicate", I'll post it here and look for a replacement plugin.
The old thread:
I have reproduced a new/similar problem which has not been addressed in any recent version. I have also tested WordPress’ development version made available 2020-12-29 at:
A page with the content:
(( [[archive:http://example.com|]] [[archive:http://example.com|]] ))
Where the BlogText interlink is:
archive = https://web.archive.org/*/$1
You can see it here:
I still have this problem at the_content priority 5, but if I decrease it to 4 then it almost works:
- The bottom footnotes section appears fine.
However, the body of the page does not. It shows:
[ 1 ] http://example.com
I am expecting it to only show:
[ 1 ]
- 2.5.3 fails
- 2.5.0 fails
- 2.4.0 fails
- various earlier versions fail
- 2.1.4 problem introduced
- 2.1.3 works
- 2.1.0 works
2020-11-06 - 2.0.8 ∞
I had issues with ~2.0.5 and reverted to 2.0.3 for a little while. The author has been extremely responsive with updates.
Two links now breaks footnotes with BlogText ∞
I have been using the BlogText plugin with footnotes for a long time, and this is a recent bug with a recent version of footnotes. I do not know when it was introduced, but it has been reproduced in PHP 7.3.23, WordPress 5.6, BlogText 0.9.9 and footnotes versions:
BlogText is: https://wordpress.org/plugins/blogtext/
example one ∞
A page whose content is only:
The footnotes section of the preview will have:
.. it will also have my sidebar below it.
example two ∞
(( [[google:http://example.com|]] ))
The footnote will appear as:
2018-03-01 - 1.6.5 ∞
- Works with BlogText!
- Settings > Footnotes styling: Combine identical footnotes:
Noonly partly works. Any additional footnotes are not clickable to go down to the footnotes table.
- In a bulleted list, a footnote at the end of a nested bullet (second level) shows its mouseover text shifted to the left.
- I really wish there were a mechanic for me to write footnote contents with some blank space before/after, so it's easier to read the source.
I wish there were a way to do something of the reverse. Type in a summary at the end of the post, or maybe just arbitrarily anywhere. Then have some symbol or number refer to that text. Then the post just figures it all out.
Using parentheses in a footnote. ∞
Say you want this:
((a footnote (like this)))
((a footnote (like this)))