This topic entirely obsolete. YouTube doesn't do RSS any more.
This was made for Linux, but the concepts are universal and can be adapted elsewhere.
Tested 2009-05-16 under bash 3.1.17 and zsh 4.3.9 under PCLinuxOS 2007 updated 2009-04.
Get the list of users you subscribed to ∞
Visit www.youtube.com/login?next=/account and log in
- On the left, select 'Email Options' - the middle area will update.
- In the middle, select 'Subscription & YouTube Updates' - the middle area will update
- In the middle, click 'Show Subscriptions' - a list of names will appear.
- Highlight the list of names and copy it
Open up a terminal and paste it into a text file located in your home folder and named 'subs.txt':
- You may need to hold shift to middle-click into the terminal and paste. When you have done so, press enter and then control-d.
\cat > ~/subs.txt
Process your subscribed list ∞
Open up a terminal and paste this list of commands.