TODO - I have a lot of bookmarks to add, and probably notes somewhere.
A procedurally generated survival game with shitty graphics, which became popular because it was first-to-market and took advantage of nostalgia.
Unfortunately, Minecraft was never completed and the author fucked off with the money to make another game. Even with extraordinary success, the author didn't make good on promises and the game was never finished.
I loved this game, and even bought it twice to support the developer, but because it was Java it would bring a computer to its knees. Being sold out to Microsoft (for their upcoming virtual reality stuff I'd bet) was bafflingly insulting.
- There was a bug tracker, but it was, predictably, removed.
- Minecraft Blender rig.
- Attempts to keep tabs and reverse-engineer the software in order to support the interoperability and API stuff that Mojang had never developed, promised to develop, and then sold out to Microsoft in order to not develop.
A beacon ∞
I'm very happy with the compass and having it makes my exploring a whole lot less stressful. I am also thinking about setting up a number of stratospheric lava towers to help me navigate at night as well. The idea is to build a basin out of cobblestone that is 3x3 wide inside and 5x5 overall, fill it with water, go to the edge of it, ride a gravel elevator up as high as it will go, place cobblestone blocks until you get to directly above center of the basin, destroy the blocks between you and the center so the central block floats, and pour a bucket of lava directly on top of it. After that, take the elevator down. In theory, you should have a four square wide, x shaped column of lava that empties into your water basin. I suspect this would be more visible than a torchlit lighthouse.
Ubuntu supports minecraft ∞
http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/features, on 2010-11-14:
(Pictured on the right: Hedgewars)
- Minecraftopia - Minecraft How Tos and Crafting
- Automated Night Defence System
- Minecraft Trailer
- Soldier's Minecraft Experience
- kiershar has some videos
- Minecraft + Portal
- Minecraft: How to hide redstone circuits
- Slime Powered Minecarts!
- Minecraft : TNT Cannon (UNCUT)
- Minecraft 5x5 rail cart lift tower
- Minecraft 7x7 rail cart lift tower
- Minecraft Flight
- Safety Tips
- I Hate Slimes
- Minecraft : Sky monster-trap
- ZynuxIRDC has some videos
- Villager Breeding Logic
- Villager Breeding Station
- How to make a FULLY Automatic Wheat Farm - Works on XBOX
- How to build a sand factory producing more than 25 sand /sec in Minecraft 1.2.4 !
Computers built with Minecraft ∞
- 16-bit ALU in minecraft
- Minecraft logic - 4 bit, 4 bank asynchronous RAM array
- Minecraft Turbo Pulse Clock
2016-05-01 - Windows 10 edition beta 0.14.2 ∞
- I have no clue what all the controller bindings are. Descriptions like "button 9" don't mean anything.
There is no way to customize the key bindings. Fucking fail fail fail.. this is entirely unplayable!
(date not recorded) - 1.8 ∞
Under Unity Linux (version not recorded), I had to:
\smart install xrandr
I purchased Minecraft and have been playing it for a good while now, and doing little else. Even at Alpha it's very fun.
Played more Minecraft.
Played more Minecraft.
I woke up at 8am ready to rock, with my heart pounding. I immediately went to investigate something I had heard about last night. MineCraft. http://www.minecraft.net/
But the free version doesn't work under Linux. I just get a grey screen after a short while.
I ended up buying Minecraft and having a blast with it. I stayed up until 5am playing it.