TODO - add any notes and make a more complete review
https://www.claws-mail.org/ (on Windows)
A light and capable email client.
POP3, POP before SMTP, APOP, IMAP4rev1, IMAP over SSH, IMAP CAPABILITY, mh, SMTP, SMTP AUTH, NNTP, SSL/TLS, full OpenPGP support, external editors, filtering, muliple identities. Good multilanguage and character set support.
- Uses the MH Message Handling System.
Can import the Mbox format.
- Formerly Sylpheed-Claws.
- It was originally a fork to showcase bleeding-edge features in Sylpheed, but become stable and popular. It essentially replaces Sylpheed.
RSSyl is an RSS reader I used with Claws Mail.
- my script to generate empty emails
- 2010-01-30 -- None of them change the basic colours.. wtf.
- Claws Mail reviews 2
- Claws Mail reviews 1
- I've also used Google's GMail, both with its web-interface and downloading mail using Claws Mail.
I used to use Sylpheed.
Usage and Troubleshooting ∞
Important plugins ∞
Manually modifying hotkeys ∞
Some hotkeys won't work even if you think you changed them in-program.
Quit Claws Mail before pursuing this.
On Windows, edit
It is important you find any existing entry which has your hotkey, un-comment it and replace its hotkey with something unique, or
For example, to have
n go to the next unread item, do:
(gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/Menu/View/Goto/NextNew" "") (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/Menu/View/Goto/NextUnread" "n")
TODO - Use a hotkey to call an external editor on the currently-viewed email ∞
TODO - get from offline archives
GMail OAth 2.0 support ∞
It's fucking ridiculously difficult. I have absolutely no idea how anything works; the instructions are opaque.
Wow, I had to change a hidden preference to make the delete key work as-expected.
moved reviews into their own pages