If you want things done right, you have to do them yourself. I've always had problems with every program I've ever used. Some of these problems are a matter of the difference in taste or philosophy which I have. Other problems are quite fundamental.
In my opinion it's pretty straightforward to please me, but most programmers simply do not think like I do. Well.. I'm going to endeavour to learn to program so I can write the apps I require. There's just too much crap. Way too much.
Nothing would please me more than being able to hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market with good software.
-- Bill Gates, An Open Letter To Hobbyists
Programming topics ∞
- Zaurus SL-C1000 > Zaurus programming
- Batch file programming
Many Linux tools are programming-like.
Programming writing ∞
- Programming reading list
- The Art of Unix Programming, by esr
- The Scott Adams Meltdown: Anatomy of a Disaster
- This guy seems to be a Christian Crackpot. =/
- Teach Yourself Programming in Ten Years
- Now at http://codekata.com/
- Engineers, artists, and coding style
Programming software ∞
- Valgrind for checking memory leaks.
- https://blog.cleancoder.com/ [ 1 ] was https://web.archive.org/web/20130331231657/http://cleancoder.posterous.com/
- Online Compiler and IDE >> C/C++, Java, PHP, Python, Perl and 70+ other compilers and interpreters
- Compile various programming languages online. Add input stream, save output, add notes and tags.
- Multi-language online interpreter
- An innovative block-based programming environment
- An open source tool developed and maintained by Secure Software security engineers. Secure Software was acquired by Fortify Software, Inc. RATS is a tool for scanning C, C++, Perl, PHP and Python source code and flagging common security related programming errors such as buffer overflows and TOCTOU (Time Of Check, Time Of Use) race conditions.
- Looks through source code for potential security flaws in source code by using a built-in database of C/C++ functions with well-known problems, and providing a list of potential security flaws, sorted by risk, with the most potentially dangerous flaws shown first. Risk level depends on both the function and the values of the parameters of the function. It ignores text inside comments and strings.
- See also Hackers
- Probably /tag/writing+programming
- Working on Free Software
- by Thomas Figg
- Video Lectures by Hal Abelson and Gerald Jay Sussman
Languages to check out ∞
Assembly language (asm)
- Specifically NASM
- YASM is a fork of NASM
- Object-oriented programming
- The Game Programming Wiki
Unsorted links ∞
- Deterministic stuff
- Kano (computer)
- What are algorithms?
- On the dangerous of floating point precision issues.
- 2016 Best Coding Resources
- Software Developer Meme Dump
- https://gitter.im/ is a community thing.
- http://underhanded-c.org/ [ 2 ] was https://web.archive.org/web/20150529160754/http://underhanded.xcott.com:80/
- https://web.archive.org/web/20040202061724/http://visopsys.org:80/osdev/index.html -- OS development links.
[ + ]