Be a wizard that runs around casting spells.
Really hard to play, but because its gameplay is bad. A new game, but it looks and feels like a PlayStation 2 game. Get it if it's on sale for a laugh, otherwise don't bother with this one.
I am way too fragile. Should I have turned the settings down to baby mode?
- Oh my first "boss fight", where I didn't even know what was going on, I would die in one shot from unescapable death rays.
- I have to run away and shoot from a great distance to stay safe, but I can't make anything out or hit anything. I use my super-sight of course, but it's still hard!
- There's stuff in buildings, for some reason. It's stupid to stop playing the actual game to go and fetch items.
- I see items briefly appear over enemies I kill. Was that loot I should pick up?
- You don't heal, and you're too poor to do so, so game over.
- The mechanic to slow time to build up better spells uses up health, which is stupid.
- I'd use AoE so I can actually hit things, but it uses up more mana so I basically kill myself.
- I'd rush in a shoot things point-blank, but I'm fragile.
- I hide behind terrain (which cannot be destroyed) and shoot things AoE.
- For some reason there are enemy fireball towers that get summoned. That was a confusing mechanic to suddenly be introduced to. Why can't I do that? I hate games where the bad guys can do things I cannot.
- Why are there destructable buildings? Does that mean something?
- Why are civilians killable? Does that mean anything?
- The map mechanic makes no sense. Do my choices mean anything? I seem to not be able to roam around at all anyway.
- The store is unforgiving for purchasing and selling. There is no "sell back" for something I misclick and the price to buy/sell an item varies so I have no buyback either.
- I don't understand what runes actually do, and they're too expensive to buy and experiment with.
- Stores are too rare.
Runes on spells doesn't make sense. Is there some sort of passive versus active effect? Sometimes they do stupid odd spiral bolts when I don't request it. Like what the fuck were the devs smoking for any of that? The whole point of the game is focused around spell shaping, but it's just not done right. This alone makes me not want to play.