vi is a textmode editor. It's so bad even the author regrets it.
For some fucking reason, Linux distributions almost all include it by default.
- unlimited undo
- syntax highlighting
- The log file is used to support the unlimited undo feature of vim.
www.vim.org has more...
2006-09-09 - (version not recorded) ∞
- cream is a decent GUI version.
- vim does code folding
ito begin using it.
deletedoesn't really work.
backspacedoesn't usually work.
really frustrating, to say the least. Requires re-engineering of the keys on each new computer.
Old notes from the Sharp Zaurus (for vim) ∞
- cursor keys, backspace and delete are all screwed up in insert mode
backspacewon't backspace existing text!!
:syn ondoes not work at the cli
:syn on. See
||Close a fold.|
||Close all folds you are at.|
||Open folds .. seems to open all sub-folds.|
||Reapply folding globally|
||Open all folds (i.e. remove all folding)|
- there are lame commands to move over folds. they should be re-defined to control-up/down
- actions when on a folded line are performed only on that fold
- folding settings on a file are supposed to be remembered, but they aren't..
The colors of a closed fold are set with the Folded group
|hl-Folded|. The colors of the fold column are set with the FoldColumn group
Example to set the colors: >
:highlight Folded guibg=grey guifg=blue :highlight FoldColumn guibg=darkgrey guifg=white