WOW, what a great game!
It desperately needs randomly-generated dungeons and a more open gameplay concept.
properly titled Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
- Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance
I was disappointed that I couldn't go back through the gates to get my stuff, and that recall wouldn't work..
The ending is FUCKING WEAK!!!! OMFG WHAT A LETDOWN. It's too damned easy.. I thought there would be a cool multi-stage puzzle, but no..
Good thing I tripped over the onyx sword, otherwise I guess I couldn't finish the game. =/
And I did all that collecting for nothing. I wonder if my character can be imported into the second game..
Too bad I picked the wrong skills early on.. I really wanted to see the level 5 sword in action. =)
Some of the spells are poorly thought out. There's room for improvement, but it's a very solid base to start from.
The beginning elf song tavern cutscene isn't abortable. =/
Only the mage is any fun whatsoever. The ranger's abilities are boring.. the warrior is boring. Sigh.
- What the game should do after defeating it:
- unlock new races, classes, skins.
- unlock the ability to customize initial stats.
- unlock spells and abilities.
- the second time around should be randomly generated. Heck, every time should be. =/
- a portion of one's 'worth' (gold and item resell) should go into some sort of pot of points, which is usable to spend on unlocking stuff.
be able to revisit any place in the realm, and revisit old conversations or cutscenes.