This often has to do with literal intelligence (learning, memory), philosophy, scepticism, self-improvement or independence, and includes issues of culture jamming or corporate jamming.
NOTE - this is not a particularly serious project, and things get dumped here before being split off into more focused topics.
- Online learning
- Well-being / Health > Mental health
- Physicality, for the general body topic.
- Culture jamming: (tag)
What this excludes, and why ∞
By way of the value of having eyes that see and a mind that thinks, the consequence of this project ultimately must exclude such things as:
- Conspiracy theories
.. as these are cesspools of lies, useful idiots and outright evil. Visiting such evils is ultimately useful, but encouraging it when one is so empty of intelligence as to be susceptible to indoctrination would be unethical.
An example ∞
One must be inoculated before wading into diseased waters.
- Academic Torrents
- They're never too young for books : a guide to children's books for ages 1 to 8 (1994 book), by Edythe M. McGovern, Helen D. Muller - ISBN 0879758589 9780879758585
Exit International - Dying is a civil right.
- There are a lot of interesting thought experiments.
- How to Drop Out, by Ran Prieur - (2004 essay)
-- Originally on more primitive living, the author ultimately concludes with "don't do it".
- Jesus sacrificed his weekend for our sins.
- (c. 1300) "girl" meant a young child of either sex, and "boy" was a male servant.
- Upon meeting a Zen master at a social event, a psychiatrist decided to ask him a question that had been on his mind. "Exactly how do you help people?" he inquired.
- "I get them where they can't ask any more questions," the Master answered.
- World War Three will be a guerilla information war with no division between military and civilian participation. -- Marshall McLuhan, 1968
- The awkward moment when your sarcasm is so advanced that people actually think you are stupid.
- Someone once told me not to bite off more than I could chew. I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity. -- not me
- Italians call 'dietrologia' -- the art of finding dark, ulterior motives behind the most obvious decisions.
- "Fables should be taught as fables, myths as myths, and miracles as poetic fancies. To teach superstitions as truths is a most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can he be in after years relieved of them. In fact, men will fight for a superstition quite as quickly as for a living truth--often more so, since a superstition is so intangible you cannot get at it to refute it, but truth is a point of view, and so is changeable." -- Hypatia of Alexandria
- You either meet the right person early, or you live long enough to pick through a sea of single mothers and broken relationships.
- .. which is just another hipster bullshit website.
- "Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Regressive left" was coined by Maajid Nawaz
- I think that this series is a bit fragmented. I'm not sure all parts are here..
- I'm not actually comfortable watching this series, with all its crazy people.
- I'm not actually comfortable watching this series either, with all its crazy people.
- I'm Going To Hell-Part III -- Talking about Atheistic morality.
How I Met Tex -- Also watch the replies.. some are quite entertaining..
- Golf lesson
Jalon Anderson's "happeh theory" shows how masturbation will make your face sag!
- Check out some more info here: http://www.sciforums.com/encyclopedia/Happeh