The current god of file managers.
It's bloody amazing, and does so much "just right". I can tell that the author has his head on straight. It ought to be the default in Linux distributions.
- 2016-03-28 - 1.0.4, on Slackware 14.1
- 2016-03-26 - 0.9.4, on Lubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
- 2015-04-25 - it's alive again.
- 2014-04-28 - was indefinitely suspended
2016-03-28 - 1.0.4 ∞
GTK2 UDEV INOTIFY DESKTOP SNOTIFY
Installed with slpkg with:
\slpkg -s sbo spacefm
- Icons for files are not properly appearing.
Some files are not appearing correctly, as they have unusual fonts in them. My system can show them (revealed by
charmap), so it's a SpaceFM (or dependency) issue.
Bookmarks cannot have items named with an underscore (
_) in their names. That underscore is not displayed.
- This is exceptionally annoying.
- Once I got Slackware working with UTF-8, I can use U+23BD HORIZONTAL SCAN LINE-9 (
2016-09-11 - I fixed its missing icon issue with lxappearance.
2016-03-26 - 0.9.4 ∞
GTK3 UDEV INOTIFY DESKTOP SNOTIFY
I had been using various versions of SpaceFM, for some time, on Lubuntu.
Earlier versions not recorded ∞
I had been using SpaceFM on Lubuntu and previous distributions.
I had compiled it from source for some time.
Though I have notes, I have not put them here. Obviously.
Hidden stuff ∞
Get the list of socket commands:
\spacefm --socket-cmd help
Opening multiple panels ∞
Removing "leftover" programs lingering around in the "run with" dialog ∞
Check out the files in
Assign multiple hotkeys to the same command ∞
This example sets up Control-Tab to also emit control-pagedown
Tools > (right-click) > New > Command
2) Name: (arbitrary) e.g.
3) Command: (arbitrary) e.g.:
spacefm -s emit-key 0xff56 0x4
Menu Item > Key: (arbitrary) e.g. Control-Tab
Options > [_] Run As Task
- Some ideas:
- On Pandora
- Learning keys
Tools > Right-click (any) > Key shortcut
When typing a shortcut, its codes will appear.
Outstanding issues ∞
I see no way to send a socket command to change the size of a panel.
Perhaps these were problems with an earlier version.. I don't see them 2017-01-05 - 0.9.4 on Devuan beta1:
- I see no way to send a socket command to a specific window. A command seems to effect all windows currently open. Ugh.
I can't set the number of displayed panels on one window without effective all windows. Ugh.