Rather than keep a bunch of bookmarks for such things, I'll add them here.
Most of my historical introduction to and experience of music has been committed to archives. Though it's all difficult to dig back up, I feel it will be worth working on. I think sharing music is something we all would love even more than the music itself.
Contact Me for anything you think I'd like. YouTube channels, radio which shares song titles, playlists or other sources. I'm looking for curated content, not massive archives. I also don't want to host music, so the sources would have to be online if I am ever to re-share them.
More genres will be added as I re-explore these ideas.
My tastes ∞
Female vocals for anything meant to feel.
- Loss, hope, love.
Male vocals for anything meant to act.
- Anger, outrage, awareness.
- Electronica and anything with that oldschool computer feel.
Vocals which are in strong harmony with the music.
- Though this often means a band has lost its grit and has gone "mainstream". Many songs (and bands) with this style have a terribly overproduced garbage sound to them. I might "like" something, but to me it feels soullessly corporate.
- "Passion" in the vocals.
I try to pay attention to anything which isn't about relationships. Such songs are motherfucking rare.
- Hi, Rush.
- Too-altered voices, especially autotuned crap.
Over-the-top too-girly stuff.
- Betsie Larkin is really pushing it for me. Still, a lot of that sneaks in.
- Anything with heavy bass in it. Fuck off, dubstep.
- Operatic vocals, with very few exceptions.
- Some "chillout" type music.
The "chillstep" I've heard is unnerving as all hell.
- I have their 2002 live mix, is there more?
10 Great pieces of classical music you probably dont know about
- Shostakovich : symphony 7 movement 1
- Rimsky Korsakov : Piano concerto
- Nielsen : symphony 4 movement 1
- Gershwin : Piano Concerto in F
- Rachmaninoff : Symphony 3 movement 1
- Bruckner : Symphony 7 movement 3
- Mahler : Symphony 3 movement 1
- Dvorak : Symphony 8 movement 1
- Sibelius : Symphony 2 movement 4
- Tchaikovsky : Symphony 3 movement 4
- Folk metal
- Work song
- Shares a lot of female-fronted music.