Good for campfires.
Either use non-stick aluminum foil or use a non-stick spray.
Folding your foil ∞
Use heavy-duty foil, or you'd have to be very careful with extreme heat and punctures.
- Place foil on a flat surface
- Place food in the middle
- Fold the long sides up toward oneanother to make a "tent"
- Hold the top edges together and fold twice
For each of the open sides, close the opening and fold the end twice
- When foil is wrapped as an airtight package around food, finishing off with a drugstore or sandwich fold, it becomes a small-scale pressure cooker.
- When placed in a bed of hot coals with some heat on top, diced vegetables and meat cook in 10 to 15 minutes in this package, and whole potatoes in 40 to 50 minutes.
- Be sure to allow some space for expansion in the package by not wrapping the raw food too tightly.
If you want food to brown or to broil as in a skillet, leave the package open at the top (or fashion like a folded drinking cup with a flat bottom). This allows the steam to escape and makes it possible for you to watch the progress too.
Recipe ideas ∞
- Cut potatoes - 45 minutes
- Diced vegetables - 30-45 minutes
- "Cobbler" - apples and granola - 20-30 minutes
Diced pears, chocolate chips and chunks of white Baguette or Italian bread - 20-30 minutes
- Packet cooking
- Foil recipes
Searching through recipe websites for "Reynolds wrap"