ancient outdated notes
NOTE: I am a Gnome, Warlock, Engineer, Jewelcrafter. So this list will be maintained according to those needs. If you wish to recommend something else, please do though. I can maintain separate lists for other combinations of AddOns. I cannot, however, keep any combination of race-class-profession up-to-date since I can't really properly continuously-test those other AddOns.
This was prompted by the 2.2.3 to 2.3.0 update Tue Nov 13th, 2007.
- 1 Addons I am using
- 2 To do
- 3 Upcoming
- 4 To check out
- 5 Notable
- 6 Troubleshooting
- 7 World of Warcraft AddOn Resources
Addons I am using ∞
everything was re-checked 2007-11-19
Quest Announce 2.0
- Informs your other party members of your quest status. Looks very handy. The maintainer isn't the original author I don't think, and he doesn't speak English (German native speaker) so speak simply!
URL Copy (fan update) 1-3-20000
- Out of date, force-load works.
- This could easily be replaced by any number of other chat helpers.
- Baud Bag 1.295
- DoubleWide 0.7-20300a -- Widens the quest logs so you can see more.
LightHeaded r172 -- Quest helper.
- Supports/recommends DoubleWide
- TomTom r69 -- Map helper.
MapNotes v4.10.20300 -- For adding notes to your map.
- It should note POI when flying over places.
QuickMapNotes version 'qmn' -- For easily adding notes using MapNotes.
- out of date! Works when forced.
/qmnto bring up the screen.
- Not actually quick. It should work with something like:
/qmn 10,10 this is my text
tabin the fields, pressing
enterto save the note
- SmartBuff 2.3a -- Automatic buffer. Good as a backup, but it's WAY too overwhelming to actually use.
- Cosmos updated 2007-11-19 -- (many varying AddOns)
FlightMap v2.2-1 -- Flight timer and path helper.
- The flight bar should count DOWN, not up. =/
AutoprofitX 203r2-1195094931 -- Sell off your junk items.
- TODO: This should also be included with the wowace collection within the WowAceUpdater. I'm just installing it standalone for now.
Nauticus r54670 -- Shows the arrival and departure times of boats.
ShardStatus 43532 -- Manage the number of shards used.
- It could be more simple, and it doesn't need a UI really, but it's nice enough.
Known Bugs ∞
as of 2007-11-16
Hovering the mouse over the experience/reputation bars gives an error ∞
The error is:
Error: attempt to concatenate field 'prefix' (a nil value) File: Interface\FrameXML\TextStatusBar.lua Line: 64 Count: 1
escape, and visit Khaos Configure
- Under Frames, choose Archaeologist
- Scroll down this stupid-huge list of options. Find "Experience & Reputation Bars"
Remove all checkboxes from this section.
Cooldown count does not display ∞
In Khaos Configure, select CooldownCount, then uncheck then recheck Enable Cooldown Count.
CooldownCount is not included in the complete Cosmos package. You have to download it separately. It was taken out because it was messing up the pet bar after one of the patches.
To do ∞
- How do I use CharactersViewer?
NotesUNeed could replace SocialNotes.
- Or it would, if I could figure out how to properly maintain quest notes.
Waypoint arrow over my character.
- Metamap does this, if it worked.
- Cartographer does this VERY well, if it worked.
- But it's not being updated properly by the original author.
- obsoletes MapNotes, maybe. I can't figure out how to import mapnotes.
- obsoletes FlightMap, maybe.
To check out ∞
- Advanced Trade Skill Window -- Replacement tradeskill window.
- GemList -- lets people whisper you to learn what gems you have on you.
QuestHelper -- Helps you walk less when planning quests by lining them up for you.
- Not quite ready, but definitely one to keep an eye on.
- www.nurfedui.net -- A compilation I think.
- WOWFAC -- Tab-completion with nicknames.
- Whisper Enhanced splits whispers into their own tab.
Name Highlight -- Plays the incoming whisper sound if your name is said in public.
- Not sure if it'll work with the latest WoW update.
- Burning Muffin Emotes -- Adds more emotes.
- EasyLanguage lets you chat with your racial language. Or, as Blizzard calls them, "laguages". =)
- Polite Whisper would be good for searching for more party members, but only if I never used its canned responses.
- Eloquence -- This would be good for its ability to expand acronyms.
https://web.archive.org/web/20090723010821/http://wowui.incgamers.com//?p=mod&m=1013 -- Helps find equipment on multiple characters.
- Probably supported by other bag mods too..
- Improved Buff Timers
- might be obsoleted by some of my other addon choices:
- BugMeNot -- Named after an existing product, but perhaps this could be useful for auto-declining dual requests.
- WRUGS Anti-Spam -- Whisper whitelisting.
- StopInvites -- A simple addon that stops level 1 spammers in starting zones from inviting you to a group. Also has options to ignore group, guild, and duel invites. Uses Ace, configure with the
/stopinvitescommand or through the ace addon manager if you have it.
- Elephant -- Logs chats and automatically re-displays them upon login.
- SpitFilter -- Filters out
Spam Guard Plus -- Unlimited ignores, awesome spam filtering.
Cartographer vs Mapnotes ∞
Cartographer seems to have lots of nonsense errors when I do various things. A couple of the addons are out of date. It's still not really useful. =(
(but I haven't used them)
ForgottenChat -- Splits up chats into multiple panes.
- This would be WONDERFUL if it had a new maintainer.
- Could be _very_ cool, but I just don't see its use right now. What I really want is a web browser built into WoW.
FriendSync++ -- allows users to sync their friends lists across their characters the way they want to, quickly and carefully.
- Very cool if I used multiple characters with related friends.
- Would be very cool to set up to play better sounds on whispers.
Prat -- It's a big chat-related framework with multiple plugins for doing all kinds of stuff.
- On the surface it doesn't seem useful to me, but it duplicates the efforts of a number of other addons and so this might be a good backup addon.
- Imagine getting whispers while you're afk and the game logs you out. Those whispers are lost. Logging messages would help I think.
- CustomChat would be a good alternate.
Frequent error messages ∞
Log into the game - hit
esc - hit Interface - under the Display section, uncheck the "Display Lua errors" box.
This doesn't seem to work. You might have to resort to disabling the offending AddOn, or disabling some of its features, if you can guess what AddOn is causing the trouble.
Flight paths don't appear ∞
At one point weeks later I was having trouble viewing flight paths on the map again. Disabling all addons didn't help. I ended up deleting the WTF and Cache folders and it worked.
Strangely, most of my addon preferences seem to have stayed. But my settings for Baud Bag didn't. Even after restores it wouldn't work, so I reconfigured it from scratch again.
World of Warcraft AddOn Resources ∞
Various major packages are also a good resource: