- Tor takes some version of Firefox, builds a more secure version of it, and plugs it into an anonymizing onion router network.
Old notes from 2006-04-04 or earlier ∞
- barque.sourceforge.net -- in development. unready for life
cheetah.sourceforge.net -- in development
- http://www.beonex.com/communicator/ -- forked from Netscape Navigator, with the standard set of known flaws. It's stale too. Why bother with this when I could go get something that's trying to get better?
- http://www.vergenet.net/~conrad/express -- stillborn 1999-05-08 has 0.0.7
- grail.sourceforge.net -- stillborn
http://pauillac.inria.fr/~rouaix/mmm/ -- stillborn 1997-12 has 0.41
- MMM is a WWW browser implemented in Objective Caml using its CamlTk41 interface to Tcl/Tk.
- mnemonic.org -- dead. Website dead.
- http://www.cs.umd.edu/projects/hcil/pad++/ -- closed there, and dead here: http://hci.ucsd.edu/pad++ (2001-11-08 has 0.9)
http://perso.enst.fr/~dauphin/mMosaic/ - multicast Mosaic -- dead. no configure script either. 3.7.2
- http://www.uni-mainz.de/~szukw000/index.html - has 2004-02-24 has 3.8.22.
http://www.pick.ucam.org/peru/index.html -- unready
- a free web browser, written in C using the GTK libraries, and the gtk port of the xmhtml widget.
- http://nestroy.wi-inf.uni-essen.de:8080/wafe/Cineast/ -- Looks neat, but quiet.
http://www.seanm.ca/mosaic/ -- NCSA mosaic modified to compile on today's systems. Good for gophering!