- If you prefer Linux, check out Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- See also /tag/linux+windows
- I'm currently using Windows 10
2006-04-22 or earlier (probably much earlier) -- I avoid using Windows at all costs, so this topic will be dated. Thankfully.
Windows Sucks ∞
- The first version of it was, to two significant digits, a bunch of misleading hooey.: http://www.dansdata.com/gz015.htm
Windows NT Programming
- Black Viper's Operating System Guides
- Reddit: /r/windows
- Descriptions of services, info and all kinds of stuff.
- Windows nt-2k-xp processes list
- Process Library
- Windows NT 4.0 resources, including notes from an online course.
Software indexes ∞
Random / Unsorted ∞
The Web...exists today as a collection of technologies that deliver some interesting solutions today, and will grow rapidly in the coming years into a full-fledged platform (underlined for emphasis in the original memo) that will rival--and even surpass--Microsoft's Windows
- Generator for customizable "windows error" pictures
- This happens under one of the office versions (2000?)
https://www.litepc.com/ -- Strip crap from windows.
- https://www.litepc.com/98micro.html -- Ooooh!
- http://www.nu2.nu/bootdisk/network/ -- Bart's Network Boot Disk
- Bart's Preinstalled Environment (BartPE) bootable live windows CD/DVD
- Help2Go Forums: Spyware Help
- DIY Service Pack
- https://www.nliteos.com/ -- A windows deployment helper. You can use your own drivers and such..
- Total Commander 5.51
- Windows 2000, Windows NT, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 98 or Windows 95.
- Win2k Tricks and Tips
- Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP
- Microsoft® Distributed File System for Microsoft Windows NT® Server (Dfs) enables distributed file system capabilities on Windows NT Server. A distributed file system provides a single tree structure for multiple shared volumes located on different servers on a network. A user accessing a volume on a Dfs tree does not need to know the name of the server where the volume is actually shared.
- MS Excel: Supported Functions
- Annoyances.org: TweakUI Download
- HOW TO: Enable Automatic Logon in Windows 2000 Professional
- Bypassing Automatic Logon in Windows NT
- Changing the MAC address
- A replacement console
- Windows Media Player Codecs
- neato windows programs
- How the hell do I make windows stop switching between active windows.. so if one window pops up.. it can do so in the bloody background!! -- this kind of stuff should be in a review on operating systems and GUIs and my theoretical operating system.
Is there an hdparm for Windows? I couldn't find one.
- how do I put a hdd into torpor?
- hot boot?
- parallel OS' allow this!
Restoration of FAT32 bootability (dd?, or do I rely on ghost?)
- MBR, etc
- http://www.leechget.net/en/ - Very nice downloader.
http://unattended.msfn.org/ -- unattended windows xp install cd -- customizable and such.