I'm currently using Windows 11
|1998-06-25||Windows 98||(as above)|
|1995-08-24||Windows 95||(as above)|
Note that you can also slipstream your own software, drivers and updates into a number of Windows installation sources.
2006-04-22 or earlier (probably much earlier) -- I avoid using Windows at all costs, so this topic will be dated. Thankfully.
Windows Sucks ∞
- The first version of it was, to two significant digits, a bunch of misleading hooey.: http://www.dansdata.com/gz015.htm
Windows NT Programming
- It seems to be gone, but subdomains remain, so I'll return to check up on it later.
- For way more, see https://web.archive.org/web/20200829051744/http://www.mvps.org/links.html
- Black Viper's Operating System Guides
- Reddit: /r/windows
- Descriptions of services, info and all kinds of stuff.
- Windows nt-2k-xp processes list
- Process Library [ 2 ]
- Windows NT 4.0 resources, including notes from an online course.
Software indexes ∞
Random / Unsorted ∞
The Web...exists today as a collection of technologies that deliver some interesting solutions today, and will grow rapidly in the coming years into a full-fledged platform (underlined for emphasis in the original memo) that will rival--and even surpass--Microsoft's Windows
- Tweak UI
- Generator for customizable "windows error" pictures
- This happens under one of the office versions (2000?)
https://www.litepc.com/ -- Strip crap from windows.
- https://www.litepc.com/98micro.html -- Ooooh!
- http://www.nu2.nu/bootdisk/network/ -- Bart's Network Boot Disk
- Bart's Preinstalled Environment (BartPE) bootable live windows CD/DVD
- Help2Go Forums: Spyware Help
- DIY Service Pack
- https://www.nliteos.com/ -- A windows deployment helper. You can use your own drivers and such..
- Total Commander 5.51
- Win2k Tricks and Tips
- Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP
- Microsoft® Distributed File System for Microsoft Windows NT® Server (Dfs) enables distributed file system capabilities on Windows NT Server. A distributed file system provides a single tree structure for multiple shared volumes located on different servers on a network. A user accessing a volume on a Dfs tree does not need to know the name of the server where the volume is actually shared.
- MS Excel: Supported Functions
- HOW TO: Enable Automatic Logon in Windows 2000 Professional
- Bypassing Automatic Logon in Windows NT
- Changing the MAC address
- A replacement console
- Windows Media Player Codecs
- neato windows programs
- How the hell do I make windows stop switching between active windows.. so if one window pops up.. it can do so in the bloody background!! -- this kind of stuff should be in a review on operating systems and GUIs and my theoretical operating system.
Is there an hdparm for Windows? I couldn't find one.
- how do I put a hdd into torpor?
- hot boot?
- parallel OS' allow this!
Restoration of FAT32 bootability (dd?, or do I rely on ghost?)
- MBR, etc
- http://www.leechget.net/en/ - Very nice downloader.
http://unattended.msfn.org/ -- unattended windows xp install cd -- customizable and such.
Tips and tricks ∞
Windows 10 - To search for files with the tilde character (
~) in explorer, do
Untested tips and tricks ∞
- Visit: https://arstechnica.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=174096756&m=2390974465&r=2390974465 [ 5 ] for debunking and more.
- https://arstechnica.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=174096756&m=6190997521 [ 7 ] -- check out DriverGuru's critiques.
IRQ8Priorityis a myth
- windows 95 un-fucked Comctl32.dll 5.00.0910.1306
- windows 95 usb driver
- Might be semi-broken.
- was http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/
- was http://arstechnica.com/guides/tweaks/sgp-tweaks.ars
- was https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2003/05/sgp-tweaks/
- was http://episteme.arstechnica.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=174096756&m=2390974465&r=2390974465
- was http://arstechnica.com/tweak/win2k/others/memory-1.html
- was http://episteme.arstechnica.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=174096756&m=6190997521