A commandline file manager.
Particularly easy to use and featureful. I consider this an essential tool, but usually forget it exists.
- 2017-10-25 - 4.8.14 on Windows 10 via Babun
- 2017-10-24 - 126.96.36.199 on Windows 10 via Chocolatey
- ~2016-10-17 - (version not recorded) on Windows 10 via Chocolatey
- 2016-03-28 - 4.8.10 on Slackware 14.1
- 2016-03-26 - 4.8.11 on Lubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
earlier than 2016-01-30 - (version not recorded)/Windows on Windows 10 via Git on Windows Git-1.9.5-preview20141217
2016-03-28 - 4.8.10 ∞
This came with Slackware 14.1
2016-03-26 - 4.8.11 ∞
I believe this came with Lubuntu.
earlier than 2016-01-30 - (version not recorded)/Windows ∞
I had a note that said Midnight Commander is also available on Windows via Git on Windows. However, that appears to not be true.
- I also can't figure out where I got midnight commander from. I uninstalled it, and now I have no bookmark or file saved. Fuck.
- It never had
mcedit, which sucks.
- I started using Babun anyway, so I don't care any more.
This is a decent text editor, which I keep forgetting I have.
It doesn't appear to exist under Windows.