- Make something prompt for the root password, and run as root
- X-windows locking
- It uses nothing except the Xlib library. Note that xtrlock currently does not work with shadow passwords. There is also no support for X resources or command-line arguments, and the timeouts and cursor bitmaps and colours cannot be modified.
- 2009-04-18 -- It seems to be down, try http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/X11/Desktop/xtrlock-1.0/
- Console locking
- vlock is a program to lock one or more sessions on the Linux console. This is especially useful for Linux machines which have multiple users with access to the console. One user may lock his or her session(s) while still allowing other users to use the system on other virtual consoles. If desired, the entire console may be locked and virtual console switching disabled.
- Top 100 Network Security Tools
- The binary of gamin. It's an extension to sgi_fam used for file alternation monitoring.
Brute Force Binary Tester (BFBTester)
- Checks for single and multiple argument command line overflows and environment variable overflows, and version 2.0 can also watch for tempfile creation activity.
- A transparent application input fuzzer. Its purpose is to find bugs in applications by corrupting their user-contributed data (which more than often comes from untrusted sources on the Internet). It works by intercepting file and network operations and changing random bits in the program’s input. zzuf’s behaviour is deterministic, making it easier to reproduce bugs.
- See also https://web.archive.org/web/20081211033943/http://www.linux.com:80/feature/118126
FreeBSD notes ∞