TODO - make a proper page
TODO - my LibriVox setup notes - http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/User:Spiralofhope/1-Minute_Test_redux
- 2018-07-10 - 2.2.2 on Windows 10 Home
- earlier than 2018-07-10 - 2.1.3 on on Windows 10
- 2017-07-08 - 2.0.6 on Devuan-1.0.0-jessie-i386-DVD
- 2017-05-31 - (version not recorded) on Devuan beta1
- 2017-05-13 - 188.8.131.52 on Pandora SuperZaxxon176
- 2017-05-12 - 2.1.3 on Windows 10
- earlier - 2.1.0 on Windows 10
- (date not recorded) - 2.1.3 and earlier on Linux (distributions not recorded)
2009-01-24 - 1.3.3-beta (Unicode) on (distribution not recorded)
2017-07-08 - 2.0.6 ∞
bug 1315 - AIFF extension always added
Exporting doesn't produce anything ∞
Exporting as m4a, either with the defaults or my own presets for Vimeo will only produce a short file. For longer projects, it will take time to export yet the file is the same small thing.
This worked in my previous Devuan installation.
I tried this based on some list I found on the audacity wiki (whose link I forgot to record):
\apt-get install audacity-data libasound2 libavcodec56 libavformat56 libavutil54 libc6 libexpat1 libflac++6 libflac8 libgcc1 libglib2.0-0 libid3tag0 libmad0 libmp3lame0 libogg0 libportaudio2 libportsmf0 libsbsms10 libsndfile1 libsoundtouch0 libsoxr0 libstdc++6 libtwolame0 libvamp-hostsdk3 libvorbis0a libvorbisenc2 libvorbisfile3 libwxbase3.0-0 libwxgtk3.0-0
The following packages will be REMOVED: libavcodec-extra libavcodec-extra-56 The following NEW packages will be installed: libavcodec56
2009-01-24 - 1.3.3-beta (Unicode) ∞
Fails hard. I have to quit out of it after attempting one record.
I can't figure out how to properly write audio to disk. Why can't it just be magic? Sigh.
Ripping protected audio ∞
Overly complicated interface.
- Preferences > Check your input/output settings. I changed mine to "ALSA (default)"
- click record
begin the playback of your protected audio