This plays like a playable movie, not a real game.
I broke the game. :(
I think I stopped playing around part 2, when I had a disgustingly capable party and yet I couldn't proceed because I couldn't hack a gate. I didn't have a particular item.. it was too annoying to wander around trying to find a certain kind of mob to kill for the key.
Part 1 - Infection ∞
This plays like a playable movie, not a real game. It took an hour to be able to do what I want.. to get past the tutorial and storyline bwllshlt.
The cartoon storyline doesn't match the video game, as I was expecting. It's a decent primer though.
The game becomes grossly easy except in certain circumstances where I'm charmed and walk around slaughtering my allies. Funny how my allies don't run away from me when I chase them, and how they usually want to heal instead of cure confusion.
I think it's cool that allies can resurrect me. Very nice touch.
I beat the holy crap out of the near-end dragon by walking behind it and repeatedly throwing crap at it. My allies stayed in front and got themselves mangled.. they were a good distraction. I don't think I got hit once. Rox!
All in all this was a fairly fun game. Some of it was really tedious (collecting hard to find stuff to trade for crap), and some of it makes no damned sense whatsoever (40 item limit, most npcs).
I ended up running around with mages and could spank most things before they got anywhere near me. It became a challenge to drain things because they would be killed so fast. I guess this is why there are dot spells (damage over time) so that I might have a chance to get my drain in before they are smoked.
- I'm sometimes able to exit and then re-enter my desktop to get responses to my email right away. I did this repeatedly through some nonsense email conversations.
triangle detestable passed over messenger -- has an airship flying overhead!
Ok, there are a few gameplay issues.
- It's extremely confusing to use the overhead map with the arrow, because it follows the character and not where I'm looking with the camera. I find it really weird to move around and not have the arrow line up very well.. using the joystick to move means that I'm not pushing exactly north..
- Portals aren't visible enough.. I have them sneak up on me if I'm not careful.. even when the map is explored. It's because the arrow on the minimap doesn't line up with where I'm walking.
- The default action for stores is talking, not shopping.
- It would be nice if it kept track of the various one-off visits I've made to other areas.
- It's tedious to trade or give multiple items.
- When I had a quest with the heavy-axe guy who was changed colour, I couldn't give him anything or trade. This really sucked since it was a shitty character that I was going to ignore.. and he hadn't been given any decent equipment.
- I hate being forced to read my email.
- Cancellations are inconsistent. There are multiple spammy dialogues for a lot of things, and pressing the action button will start back up these long chains of conversation. The cancel button should remove dialogue boxes and the action button should start them. This way I can spam cancel through conversations without fear of looping infinitely.
- The useless dungeon "antichambers" before and after level-changes are pointless.
- Being dragged out of a perfectly good dungeon because of an npc-event like "doing laundry" is fucking stupid!! Let me choose to leave if I want to!
- Why is it that the cutscenes have only myself and the other interested party, and not the third person?
- It's annoying to have to log into a server to be able to swtich servers.
- To cancel the animations for gate hacking is annoying.. hammer start a bunch of times.
- There is too much battlespam for the opening of a fight.. I can't see anything!
- People freeze in place while magic is being cast on them. It's stupid.
- Darkness stages are.. awfully dark.
- "Trapped" chests shouldn't give fortune wires. They should give their item.
- The end is very frustrating. I have to go through hell and am unable to save until after the credits.. which I can't abort. I should be asked to save RIGHT AWAY.
- The delay when picking up grunty food is frustrating.
- Why do I have to exit so many menus after saving?
- Why can't I load from inside the game?
- Great, so I gave away all the goblin garbage and now I can't wear it all to see what they do. That sucks.
- The last goblin gave me a pin. But it's not in my inventory!
- My party ends up selling off great the eq which I give them!
- People have stuff to trade which isn't showing up as their available eq to use for themselves.
- Except for one time, which is probably a bug, there is no way to make my party wear eq while in town.
It would be nice to know what class my party is, in some easier way other than checking status.